porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Aberdino,

I was getting frustrated with the epg issue, so I installed DJBlu's custom grabber. This involves (what seems to me) Miroslav's installers as well as DJBlu's addons. I did this and the Sky EPG grabber came up as a seperate plugin in the TV Server; this is something I have never seen before. I let this do the grabbing, and also re-organisation of channel groups and I now have a full epg. It is working well, so I am not going to touch anything.

All is running well again. The next time I do anything is for a major release of MP.

M.

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Aberdino,

I was getting frustrated with the epg issue, so I installed DJBlu's custom grabber. This involves (what seems to me) Miroslav's installers as well as DJBlu's addons. I did this and the Sky EPG grabber came up as a seperate plugin in the TV Server; this is something I have never seen before. I let this do the grabbing, and also re-organisation of channel groups and I now have a full epg. It is working well, so I am not going to touch anything.

All is running well again. The next time I do anything is for a major release of MP.

M.

To avoid confusion.

These are totally different solutions.

There are installers on the Custom Data Grabber thread which do the job for the Custom Grabber. The Installers on this thread are not compatible with the Custom Data Grabber.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    DJBlu,

Thanks for the clarification. I had a look at your custom data grabber solution. Am I correct in saying it does the same as the 'microslav22' offering and more, because it has a more open architecture? If so, I will give it a go because it might just work for me. All I'm interested in, in addition to the standard MP offering, is the Sky EPG data and series link. Just out of interest, do you still work with microslav22 on his project?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    DJBlu,

Thanks for the clarification. I had a look at your custom data grabber solution. Am I correct in saying it does the same as the 'microslav22' offering and more, because it has a more open architecture? If so, I will give it a go because it might just work for me. All I'm interested in, in addition to the standard MP offering, is the Sky EPG data and series link. Just out of interest, do you still work with microslav22 on his project?

We are both developers now so we work along side. If he needs my help then I will offer it, visa versa.

The Custom Data Grabber is just another method of acheiving the same outcome. The grabber feeds the information to a plugin and the plugin does all the work that the tswriter does in Miroslav's. The extras you get with the Sky Grabber is it will scan the channels based on your region and will keep track of channel changes/moves, as well as updating the epg.

However if you are happy with your system I recomend you keep with it as you are, as I know how frustrating it can be when you have something working and potentially having to start from scratch.

AberDino

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 17, 2005
    Kincardineshire
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi DJBlu,

Thanks again for the clarification. I have now installed your custom grabber solution and I am now getting Sky EPG data, so all is well again. The only thing I had to do to make it work is manually correct the Sky UK radio channel that your grabber created automatically. Even though I had set the diseqc option on the Sky UK grabber page to 'Level1AA', the actual channel was set to 'SimpleB' so tuning failed initially.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    AberDino - Sorry you've had trouble. I'm in the middle of a house move at the moment and it's taking all my time for the next few weeks.

I'd certainly recommend DJBlu's version. There's a lot of people using it now and it works well. The channel scanner is a bonus as Sky do move channels around quite often.

*Hopefully* for the next major version of MP 1.3.0 we'll have one uniform solution that's part of the official release.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have started using Miroslav's epg grabber again and I have a very odd problem that I have never seen in all the time that I have been using it.

I did a clean install and set everything up as it should be. Grabbed the EPG and it populated the guide, however it is 8 hours early. For example, BBC Four actually starts broadcasts at 7pm but it is showing in the EPG as starting at 11:00am on Saturday morning and not 7pm Saturday evening. Another example is Harry Hill's TV Burp which is showing as starting at 11:30am on Saturday morning and not 7:30pm in the evening.

I did think I must have messed something up, so did a full uninstall, deleted ALL MP files and databases and another clean reinstall and a clean scan of channels and the EPG is exactly the same as it was previously.

All selected channels have scanned fine and populated OK, it is only the time that is out.

Is there a way of 'moving' it all forward 8 hours as it is pretty useless as it is?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Solution found. Guess who didn't set his time zone to GMT when he reinstalled Win7 earlier today??? :oops: :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

M.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom