Sky UK/IT/AUS enhancements (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Aha, thanks. I've now ticked that in the radio channels section and refreshed the DVB EPG. It's taking ages again but we'll see what happens. Should I leave all the TV channels ticked in the TV EPG Grabber too? I think if I unticked them all, I wouldn't get EPG data for Freeview channels.

EDIT: Nope, it's not working. I have these channels ticked in the EPG Grabber menus:

- Dave (TV, DVB-T)
- Channel 4 HD (TV, DVB-S)
- Freesat Info (Radio, DVB-S)

After an EPG refresh, I have 7 day info for Dave, now & next info for Channel 4 HD and no data for any other channel. :(

EDIT: Yay, fixed it by selecting "all" languages for Radio EPG grabbing! :D

discobrother

December 30, 2011
Hi Guys,

A newbie to Mediaportal and just working through setting it up at the mo. Been using MC7 with DVBlink for 3 years or so now.
Can i please just ask-

To use this Sky Uk Epg grabber/channel sync- Am i installing a version of MP with this plugin embedded in it?? If so do i need to uninstall the latest version of MP from my machine and then install this version?? OR is it ok to install just the patch over the new version of MP i have installed.

Sorry if this sounds trivial. Just trying to get my head around all this in lay mans terms!!

Thanks in advance for your help and well done on some great features.

Discobro :)

jonm

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
Wales
Home Country
Wales Wales
Hi, will the installer for 1.2.1 work with 1.2.2? Or should I hold off installing 1.2.2 for now?

Thanks,

Jon.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Hi,

You should wait until a dedicated 1.2.2 is added to the first page of the enhancement thread (i.e. stick with 1.2.1 for the time being).

The peeps that keep this updated are really dedicated to the task, so I would imagine that the new installer shall be along in the near future.

Hope this helps.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Hi there,

Further to my earlier response, is anyone aware of a likely timeframe for the new version of the sky enhancement for 1.2.2?

Sorry to ask - it seems really cheeky, when I know that people are using their precious time to develop these things.

The only reason I ask is that I upgraded to 1.2.2 a few weeks ago and cannot live without series link - I can hold off for a bit, but if the new installer is going to be a while, I think that I shall go back to 1.2.1 for the time being.

Thanks

elsmandino

Portal Pro
March 3, 2011
Home Country
Sorry if this is a really obvious question, but when I download the SKY EPG updater for 1.2.1, I get two separate files that need to be installed.

I realise that both need to be installed on a standalone set up but what about a client - do I need to install both for these installers too?

The reason I ask is that one of the installers relates to server function.

Thanks

Alex

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Do you use the client to view TV?

If so, then yes.

J.

elsmandino

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Great - thanks for clearing that up J.

I have been installing both in the past, but just wanted to check that I wasn't doing something that was messing up my system.

Alex

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom