Skype4MP with video (2 Viewers)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Skype SDK 4.3 was released 3 days ago. I am not a dev so I am not sure if it is suitable for development within MP, but it does say that it includes the .net SDK.

Is this what we have been waiting for?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the latest skypekit here and tested it a bit with .net. Not sure if all features (especially video) are possible inside MP - needs more investigation.
    In any way, it will be a lot of work to build a plugin from it. I might give it a go, but probably as MP2 plugin right away.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have thought about a different approach, for my take on this plugin:
    It will be for MediaPortal2 only and it will cost a small fee - like for an Smartphone App 3€.
    The biggest question is: How many people would be willing to pay? So I can judge if the effort is even worth looking into :)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would pay 25$

Just saying. I am sure you will have tons of ppl who dont mind more than 3 eruo. =)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I do think the the fact that it is not MP1 compatible will reduce the amount of people willing to pay. I mean, I will as I said and I do not even run MP2 yet.. and really cant until they just overcome 1 or 2 more tings, and then it will only be on my HTPC, not any of the other 4 in the house. The other users could not handle an alpha release. But I would give you money just for having it available when I can make the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi Framug, Thank you, you helped me a lot.
    Hi, i want to delete a video via the 0-Key (Zero). But other than the focus jumps to the top of the list nothing happens. Then i...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 AV1 Video Codec DE
    Hi. Als ich die neue Version von Media-Buddy fertig gestellt habe, habe ich auch mit FFMpeg 6 experimentiert. Ohne größere Anpassungen macht die Umstellung aber keinen Sinn, denn die mit FFMpeg 6 kodierten Videos haben bei zu FFMpeg 5 unveränderten Parametern große Probleme bei der Navigation innerhalb des Videos. Irgendwelche...
    Hi. Als ich die neue Version von Media-Buddy fertig gestellt habe, habe ich auch mit FFMpeg 6 experimentiert. Ohne größere...
    Hi. Als ich die neue Version von Media-Buddy fertig gestellt habe, habe ich auch mit FFMpeg 6 experimentiert. Ohne größere...
    Replies
    Views
    That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend you check the wiki first. Most things you ask are documented. PS: A thumbnail should be shown if named correctly (see wiki again) and recognized by the importer. But it will be located within the OSD bar...
    That’s not possible, MP2 is not YouTube. There are several skins with different appearance and skin settings. I really recommend...
    Here is the video in screenshot, but when I click video nothing happened.
    Replies
    Views
    I have set VLC as external Player and set buffer there
    I have set VLC as external Player and set buffer there
    Is it possible to set buffer size for video rendering ? I play videos via WLAN & Samba and it loads every 5 seconds 2 MB. I want to...
    Replies
    Views
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom