Slow Menu's (1 Viewer)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll hang my hat on this thread as well...waiting for a patch or MP update :) I dont see this in TVSeries, but it does show itself when browsing movies using Filmstrip view.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is having this issue because now i know it's not just on my end :) I'll keep checking in to see if any sort of fix pops up. Thanks again!

Hemin

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I don't know if I've the same issue but when I change from one menu to another menu, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to load the menu. It seems a "cache" problem because every time i change, for instance, from myhome to mymovies the PC read from the HDD, then goes from mymovies to myhome, and read again from the HDD. May be changing the "cache" size will improve the performance...
    My system is an ION 330 based Asus MiniITX, 2GB RAM (512 video Shared) and a 2,5" HDD SATA2 5400 rpm.

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    I don't know if I've the same issue but when I change from one menu to another menu, it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to load the menu. It seems a "cache" problem because every time i change, for instance, from myhome to mymovies the PC read from the HDD, then goes from mymovies to myhome, and read again from the HDD. May be changing the "cache" size will improve the performance...
    My system is an ION 330 based Asus MiniITX, 2GB RAM (512 video Shared) and a 2,5" HDD SATA2 5400 rpm.

It's the same issue.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Re: Re : Slow Menu's

Me Too :confused: so i had to change skin :(

Very slow for me too. So I've change my skin for now. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

*Edit* Actually after using XBMC live for a little while then trying out MP again seems XBMC is so much smoother and faster than MP. Why's this?

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It's just because StreamedMP put so much in the BasicHome.xml..
    My own BasicHome is only 50kB and switching to it is instant. I don't use FanartHandler, the little weather windows (only top right) and other overlays for TVSeries and Movingpictures..
    Remove those and you will have a super speedy menu!

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    It's just because StreamedMP put so much in the BasicHome.xml..
    My own BasicHome is only 50kB and switching to it is instant. I don't use FanartHandler, the little weather windows (only top right) and other overlays for TVSeries and Movingpictures..
    Remove those and you will have a super speedy menu!

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely do that. Don't get me wrong though I love both Mediaportal and XBMC. I have both on my HTPC. XBMC being live. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom