Slow Menu's (1 Viewer)

Knives03

Portal Pro
March 6, 2009
Has anybody suffering from this problem tried installing the newly released 1.2.0 Alpha? I'm hoping that it fixes the problem, but I'm afraid to install it yet because it's so new.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It wont really improve the speed of BasicHome (that all depends on how much stuff and menu items you have). MediaPortal 1.2 will improve speed in graphical layouts with lots of textures e.g. TVSeries WideBanners.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Thank you both for your answers to my question. I think I'm going to look into trimming down my BasicHome to see if there is any increase in speed for now.

I am excited about updating to the 1.2.0 Alpha, but after reading information on the release notes it seems that there has been some pretty significant changes. It looks like they said Fanart Handler will need to be updated to work with it, and also I'm not sure if there will be any problems with StreamedMP or plugins like MovingPictures and MyTVSeries. I'll most likely wait for a week or so until things get ironed out.

Thanks again!

psykoman

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Slow Menu's

Really looking forward to improved plugin switching in 1.2! With latest StreamedMP and 1.1.1 it's quite a pain in the ass :(

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Okay so I just installed MePo 1.2.0 Alpha and the newest versions of StreamedMP and TVSeries only to find that my problem has been fixed! I'm not sure which one of those things fixed it, but something certainly did because there is no more lag for me when navigating in TVSeries :) Happy day, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom