Slow Menu's (1 Viewer)

zukkster

Portal Member
March 2, 2009
Has anyone found a fix for the slow menus? Saw this post and the "FIXED" banner and my heart jumped, only to find the slow menu's bit hasn't been fixed

I'm still finding that a problem ... so much so I'm considering another skin - and I LOVE the Steamed skin

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Slow Menu's

Same here - running last SVN and Windows 7 - I'm experiancing very slow response. The Homescreen is fine but the performance within the Plugins - for example when switching vies or using the info menue - its anoying ... even if it is a great skin ...

Domini0n

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2008
    There was a core.dll fix posted in this thread, but I was asked to remove it. I was told it would be part of the RC1 and we are waiting for the release. ltfearme any news?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well the core.dll I have posted included changes that are already in the public SVN builds, however there were more changes done which have not made it into a public SVN (like the one that is on the roadmap). So whenever the next public SVN/RC1 is, this is when you will have all the changes.

I dont imagine it will be long now, the last public SVN was 30th Nov, and they are usually a few weeks inbetween.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Slow Menu's

So it sounds a little like a Christmas present? Hopefully.

It's rather strange (the behaviour with the menus) - when I have played a little with the basic settings now - removed basically all of them (disabled via the checkmarks in the general settings) - saved and reenabled again the settings I'm using (like animation, ...) - suddenly the menus are fine again.

But something is wrong there - cause suddenly the remote stops responding after watching a video - and when you go back to the config after the third save action it worked again - strange - but for me as long as it is working I'm fine.

So - for me it is fixed.

TRIROG

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi!

I just installed a fresh version of mp 1.1.0 and latest version of StreamedMP.

I detected the same slow menu problem with my setup:
    ION 330
    XP SP3
    1,5 GB RAM

When i hit the home button from the TVSeries (StreamedMP 1.2.0.1410) menu the it takes app. 8 secs to get to the main menu.
    If i Use the Blue3Wide skin the trasition is without delay.

How did you solve this problem?!

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TRIROG and
    mardup

First this can you post your usermenuprofile.xml file please, this allows us to know how you menus are configured.

Are you using fanart provided backdrops, what is your default menu and do you see the the loading backdrop when returning to the menu?

With this information we should be able to establish why this happening.

Thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Also if you have a slow system reduce the basichome menu as much as possible:

* few menu items as possible (maybe 3 or 4, have the rest tucked away in plugins)
    * remove some extras e.g. 5-Day weather, top right weather, rss, recently added etc
    * dont use fanart handler for menu items

All this can can be quite demanding on the CPU to allocate/de-allocate controls when entering/exiting a plugin.

BasicHome for StreamedMP is made of many controls, the fewer you have the faster it will appear to be especially with low power/slower cpus.

Damien

TRIROG

Portal Pro
    February 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hi!

I'd love to help out, but the HTPC in question is allways in use, therfore i can't have it working slow and so i am back to latest working functionallity (1.0.2 WO StreamedMP). So i can't help in solving this problem by posting the requested file.

Furthermore i must stress i only have the problem when returning to home screen, not when entering menus.

I have however noticed, that if i dont return to basic home but the "other" home screen, it works without lag.

Perhaps this weekend i'll reinstall 1.1.0 and try again ... where can i remove extras e.g. 5-Day weather, top right weather, rss, recently added etc
    - disable fanart handler for menu items (what does this do?)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom