Slow Menu's (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have however noticed, that if i dont return to basic home but the "other" home screen, it works without lag.
    Yes, we know. StandardHome is fast because there is very few controls on it.

Perhaps this weekend i'll reinstall 1.1.0 and try again ... where can i remove extras e.g. 5-Day weather, top right weather, rss, recently added etc
    Open the Basichome editor that comes with StreamedMP, its not hard to spot. If your still stuck have a look at our wiki (see release notes).
    - disable fanart handler for menu items (what does this do?)
    If you dont know its most likely because you dont have it enabled. It basically allow for rotating fanart on a menu item using the Fanart Handler plugin.

The Biggest speed bump with come with reducing the number of items, I think by default there is 10 or 11 items.

Ive been testing different scenarios and even with a Fast CPU it can make a noticeable difference.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    I am not sure if this is the same issue or not, but after upgrading from Media Portal 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 yesterday, I am starting to have stuttering and slow issues within plugins like MovingPictures and MyTV-Series, more noticeable in MyTV-Series. What happens to me for example is say I go into TV Series from my BasicHome and it lists out all my shows. That part is fine, but it is when I actually select a show that has multiple seasons is where I start seeing issues. I use the Poster view for Seasons, and what happens when i pick a season is at first maybe some of the season posters will show up, and then a second or two later they all will eventually appear. In the beginning, the ones that do show up are semi-transparent before they fully show up I guess. Then when I go into a season, I notice more glitchy and non-smooth animations. The details of the episode that it defaults on when selecting that season flickers real fast with some incorrect, misc. data for director/writer/etc before it shows the correct info. When backing out of each of these menus I notice the same type of behavior.

I will try and gather logs together real quick in order to post them on here to see if anyone can help.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am not sure if this is the same issue or not, but after upgrading from Media Portal 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 yesterday, I am starting to have stuttering and slow issues within plugins like MovingPictures and MyTV-Series, more noticeable in MyTV-Series. What happens to me for example is say I go into TV Series from my BasicHome and it lists out all my shows. That part is fine, but it is when I actually select a show that has multiple seasons is where I start seeing issues. I use the Poster view for Seasons, and what happens when i pick a season is at first maybe some of the season posters will show up, and then a second or two later they all will eventually appear. In the beginning, the ones that do show up are semi-transparent before they fully show up I guess. Then when I go into a season, I notice more glitchy and non-smooth animations. The details of the episode that it defaults on when selecting that season flickers real fast with some incorrect, misc. data for director/writer/etc before it shows the correct info. When backing out of each of these menus I notice the same type of behavior.

I will try and gather logs together real quick in order to post them on here to see if anyone can help.

This is due to a fix in MediaPortal 1.1.1, im not 100% if a new release 1.1.2 (stable) will be released to address this problem or if you will need to upgrade to 1.2.0 (SVN) when its out.

The fix was to address a DeadLock, but making the texture manager thread safe made cost to the performance as well. I know this problem is being looked at by the MediaPortal dev team so just sit tight.

In TVSeries problem will be more noticable in WideBanners and Filmstrip layout. Switching to List layouts should help.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009

This is due to a fix in MediaPortal 1.1.1, im not 100% if a new release 1.1.2 (stable) will be released to address this problem or if you will need to upgrade to 1.2.0 (SVN) when its out.

The fix was to address a DeadLock, but making the texture manager thread safe made cost to the performance as well. I know this problem is being looked at by the MediaPortal dev team so just sit tight.

In TVSeries problem will be more noticable in WideBanners and Filmstrip layout. Switching to List layouts should help.

Awesome, I appreciate the quick reply and for getting back to me with an answer without even getting my logs up yet! I'm one of those people that jumps on an update as soon as it comes out, and I've come to find that without making proper backups, it's usually a bad idea :D This no way affects my video playback, so I don't have any problems with sitting back and waiting for the latest SVN if there is not an official release in the mean time. Thanks again for the response!

On a side note, and I'm doubting this will work, but if I did want to roll back down to 1.1.0 for the time being, would it be as easy as re-running the 1.1.0 installer and installing over top of 1.1.1? Not even sure it would let you, but if it did I'd imagine it wouldn't work correctly anyway. It's no big deal, just curious :)

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009

Any idea where I can possibly track this issue? I didn't see it on the roadmap or anything when I searched. I downgraded to 1.1.0 for now and am holding off on updating to 1.1.1 until it's possibly fixed. I'd even be willing to try the 1.2.0 SVN when it comes out to see if maybe they fixed it. I'm not really in a rush because there weren't very many changes in 1.1.1, but I just like to be as up-to-date as possible if I can, especially with the new version of StreamedMP being released yesterday.

Thanks! :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry, still not sure when and if a 1.1.2 will be released but I have tested a possible patch and its fine. Just have to be patient I guess, but I hope you will not need to upgrade to 1.2 svn to get this resolved.

Knives03

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    No problem, I'm not in any sort of hurry :) The patch sounds great though if it is working fine like you said. I look forward to trying it out if at all possible at some point down the road.

Thanks for your reply!

ixian

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Monitoring this post for potential future patches as well; I have an ION based system with the same issue (on my regular Media center PC's I don't notice really).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom