Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards (2 Viewers)

cryoplasm

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thanks,, this is what I like to see, taking proactive steps to solving problems.

I will test it out shortly.

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
P.S. My apologies to you Pastill - I promised these builds to you and *almost* forgot about it :sorry:
You said Tuesday, and tuesday it was.

I've tested both ATI and MS versions.
MS version didn't work for me. But I saw now in Grafhedit that the MS encoders was MPEG-2 encoders. I guess that explains it ? (I have Windows 7 Home Premium and these MS encoders are included, I think)
ATI worked fine.
And ATI Encoders are installed when installing "Avivo Video Converter" toghether with ATI Radeon card drivers and program ( if you have that graphic card).

Now I have a better (working) picture. :D As I guessed it was the Hauppauge card that had a bad tuner.

CPU is higher if watching an analog channel, 45% +10 compared to DVB with 20% +5, with an old Pentium 2 Dual 2.66 MHz.
So no hardware acceleration.

BUT it's a higher WAF.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Pastill

MS version didn't work for me. But I saw now in Grafhedit that the MS encoders was MPEG-2 encoders. I guess that explains it ? (I have Windows 7 Home Premium and these MS encoders are included, I think)
    The ATI encoders should be MPEG 2 as well. I think the fact that it doesn't work just indicates that they aren't compatible as I suspected. However I'd need to see some logs to be sure...

Now I have a better (working) picture. :D As I guessed it was the Hauppauge card that had a bad tuner.

CPU is higher if watching an analog channel, 45% +10 compared to DVB with 20% +5, with an old Pentium 2 Dual 2.66 MHz.
    So no hardware acceleration.

BUT it's a higher WAF.
    I'm glad the WAF is up ;)

LudwigXIV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    South-Palatina
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards

Hi, I wasn't able to extract all the encoders as described above. For me, the MainConcept couldn't be integrated correctly to my system. After getting the right files from naibaf7, I was able to integrate them and: Yes, it works!

I use a Terratec Cinergy HT MKII, the only encoder that works is the MainConcept. I used this encoder to scan for channels. Because of bad quality in Mediaportal, I tried the ATI-Encoder for watching TV and that works quiet good. Scanning for channels is not possible with the ATI-Encoder, I don't know why.

So, for all users with a similar configuration (Terratec Cinergy HT MKII, Windows 7 Professional x64...) try this:

1. Use MainConcept-Encoder to scan for channels
    2. Use ATI-Encoder to watch TV in Mediaportal.

Easy, isn't it? ;-) I hope this helps anyone...

sfang

Portal Member
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks!:D

I got Cinergy HTC USB XS working with the MainConcept codec. The only bug is that when changing from an analog channel to an analog channel the audio goes out of sync, changing to a digital channel in between the analog channels gives audio in sync.

LudwigXIV

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    South-Palatina
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards

Thanks!:D

I got Cinergy HTC USB XS working with the MainConcept codec. The only bug is that when changing from an analog channel to an analog channel the audio goes out of sync, changing to a digital channel in between the analog channels gives audio in sync.

I had the same problem with the original TV-Client which is delivered with the card. I don't know exactly the issue, but it is possible that your system (especially) CPU is to slow for the encoding? For me, I cannot use any other programms (for example the Opera-Browser) while watching TV with Mediaportal because it starts stuttering terribly... In the next months, I will upgrade my CPU and I can post some information if this helped.

sfang

Portal Member
    February 15, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: Re: Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards

I had the same problem with the original TV-Client which is delivered with the card. I don't know exactly the issue, but it is possible that your system (especially) CPU is to slow for the encoding? For me, I cannot use any other programms (for example the Opera-Browser) while watching TV with Mediaportal because it starts stuttering terribly... In the next months, I will upgrade my CPU and I can post some information if this helped.
    For me everything works with the official software. In MP i have no stuttering, the sound quality does not change but it goes out of sync when changing from an analog channel to another analog channel.

kcosta

Portal Member
    May 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hello guys,

I successfully extracted the files specified in the how to and installed the encoders. But I found some issues:

1. Hauppauge/Mainconcept encoders doesn't show up in the tv server list (I think the installation package is not working in this case);
    2. ATI encoders work well, but I have audio/video sync issues when viewing TV;
    3. Intervideo encoders also work (with no audio/video sync issues), but Live TV freezes after a while and then I have to restart TV Server to get Live TV working again;
    4. Cyberlink encoders don't work (with a error message at server side);
    5. Microsoft encoders don't work;

Can you please give me a hint in how to solve this?:D

Logs atached.

Regards,

Kleber.

Attachments

• log mediaportal client.zip
      59.4 KB
    • log tv server.zip
      28.8 KB
    • analog graph.zip
      2.4 KB

John28

Portal Member
    March 31, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried the following tutorial but without results. I just give up. I am just not a Media Portal user I am afraid. Back to Windows Media Center

AW: Solution for ALL/most Software-encoder based TV-Cards

How to install all the codecs needed:

IMPORTANT NOTE: ALWAYS RUN ALL SOFTWARES AS ADMINISTRATOR, OR IT MIGHT FAIL WITHOUT ANY ERRORS!

You need to download those files:
    -MPEG Encoder Package (from here or the alternative link: http://www.2shared.com/file/w3UjsWre/MPEG_Encoder_Package_NOCP.html)
    NOTE: The Package DOES NOT include ANY Encoders (this would be illegal)

Therefore you also need:

THE TOOLS:

-GraphEdit:
    from here: http://www.shspvr.com/graph_build/download/graphedit_dx9.zip
    this is to test out if your DirectShow Filters are installed correctly
    (look at Graph Debugging Tools - MediaPortal Wiki for more details)

-Codecsniper:
    from here: Codec-Sniper Download - Softpedia
    this is to remove ALL your old encoders

-Uniextract:
    from here: Universal Extractor | LegRoom.net
    this is to extract the needed files from the install routines of the original Software

THE ENCODERS:

-ATI Encoder (10-11_vista_win7_32-64_xcode.exe):
    from here: Avivo Video Converter
    you need to fill out the survey to download it, not a big deal though

-WinDVR3 (WinDVR3.exe)
    from here: WinDVR - Download - CHIP Online

-WinTV6 (WinTV6_CD_4.6b.exe)
    from here: http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/install_cd/wintv6_cd_4.6b.exe

-DigitalTV (DigitalTV_3-4_01a-02.zip)
    from here: http://www.digitalrise.eu/support/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=188

if one of the links is down, try to search an alternative source! If that doesn't work or you feel in general not able to create the packet yourself,
    write me a PM and I'll look what I can do for you.

THE INSTALLATION:

-Run Codecsniper as administrator and delete all MPEG Encoders
    -Install MediaPortal 1.2 or newer
    -Copy the MPEG Encoder Package into your program files folder (unzipped)
    -Run Uniextract as administrator and unpack all 4 Encoder containing setups (see THE ENCODERS)
    -Look at MPEG Encoder Package; You'll find 5 folders there:
    ATI
    CyberLink X64
    CyberLink X86
    InterVideo
    MainConcept

then, in each of this folder there is a Filelist.txt. In this List, all Files that you need to copy in the corresponding
    folder are listed! Don't use subfolders inside one of those 5 folders, it will not work. However if you copy more files into the folder
    than needed, it will work anyway.
    You'll find all files needed in the 5 folders inside one of the 4 packages you need to download (THE ENCODERS)

You might have to use uniextract more than one time per Package, until you reach the needed files. This means.. inside of the packages
    you'll find ".msi" ".cab" and ".exe" files. Try to use uniextract again and again on them, until you find all files you need!
    This might take some time.

When you're done with this, your situation should look like this:
    -The folder "MPEG Encoder Package" is now in your program files folder
    -The folder contains 5 subfolders and the Configuration.exe
    -All 5 subfolders contain the files that are listed in the corresponding filelist.txt

If your situation looks like this, go on with the next step:
    -Run Configuration.exe as administrator and install/uninstall the encoders you wish to use
    -Run GraphEdit as administrator and check under "DirectShow" if your encoders are installed proper
    -Run TV-Server-Configuration from MediaPortal and go to General-->Software Encoders and select the encoder you want to use
    -Restart the Computer and/or the TV-Service and try to preview and/or scan channels... if it works, good!
    -Otherwise write me a PM on MediaPortal Forum if you want the finished Encoder package or write in this topic to get general help.

I know, a lot of work, but because of the legal/illegal situation I cannot give you any illegal links and/or the finished Package!
    Have fun with your card!

(you can find this Howto in the package; HowTo.txt)

mfg

naibaf7

naibaf7

Portal Member
    December 4, 2010
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Sorry for people having trouble getting the encoders to work. I just simply can't provide the package openly due to licence problems. You can still PM me though for getting the package!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom