[SOLVED] Radio issue in MediaPortal 1.20 Pre-Release (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If I fire up Watchdog, MediaPortal starts under the Titan skin, and everything works fine ... However when running normally, if I switch from my usual Purevision HD skin over to Titan, it then doesn't work under Titan. What is the difference ... that would account for this weird behaviour.
    If you used the first selection on the "MP Watchdog" panel (this is the default), it starts MP with extensions and plugins disabled; only those plugins distributed as part of the MP base package are still enabled. So this points to one of your extensions or plugins being the source of the problem.

One way to proceed now would be to disable each extension and plugin one by one, retesting after each. When the problem disappears, you have identified the delinquent plugin or extension.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

dturner_69

Portal Member
    April 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Thank you !!!, When I looked at the plugins, I saw three TV plugins that were active, I disabled two of them, and voila it now works properly again. Must have got messed up when I upgraded from 1.19. Many thanks for all your help.

dturner_69

Portal Member
    April 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Yes, everything now works exactly as it should. Should I leave all three TV Plugins in the MediaPortal configuration app?. If not, how do I get rid of them.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanks for the info. Are you getting radio OTA (DVBT)? Unfortunately here in Germany there is no radio broadcast on DVBT so the only choice is via the internet, either in my case with the TuneIn plugin or the Radio Webstream and other plugins. I don't understand why stop no longer functions when playing radio in the TuneIn plugin but it doesn't with 1-20pre but does with 1.19 final.

Please give me a link for TuneIn plugin.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please give me a link for TuneIn plugin.
    The plugin itself is available via the MPE Manager see attached screenshot, no idea why it is called Radio Time (maybe a leftover from a name change). You do need to sign up for a free account here and include the login info in the plugin config. Any favorites chosen are saved and become available wherever you use it. My current version was installed prior to 1.20pre so I have not checked its availability for a new install.
    With 1.19 stop works fine but with 1.20 pre it does work at all (playback continues). In 1.20pre it is possible to kill playback by pressing pause which does not work properly also in 1.19 and older see here, be really great if both issues could be fixed.;)
    BTW pausing playback in the player on the TuneIn website does work (sort of acts like stop, i.e. playback restarts at current time not at the paused point, but no failure.
    tunein.jpg

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    With 1.19 stop works fine but with 1.20 pre it does work at all (playback continues). In 1.20pre it is possible to kill playback by pressing pause which does not work properly also in 1.19 and older see here, be really great if both issues could be fixed.;)

I installed MP 1.20 Final (internal testing build) + RadioTime-1.5.0.0.mpe1. The stopping seem to be ok and there is no exception in the log.

Can you try this installer?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you try this installer?
    Here is what I have tried and the results:-
    With the original 1.20pre+latest TV .dll, uninstalled/reinstalled Radio Time/TuneIn plugin, no change no stop in TuneIn plugin.
    Installed the 1.20 pre version 2018-07-10-20 from your last post. no change no stop in TuneIn plugin.
    Re-installed 1.19 final, stop works in TuneIn plugin:p.
    Please note I have tried in all the above with both the Stop button on my remote and kb "b" but there is no difference, also stop works everywhere else I have tried it with the 1.20pres:confused:.
    I installed MP 1.20 Final (internal testing build) + RadioTime-1.5.0.0.mpe1. The stopping seem to be ok and there is no exception in the log.
    Sorry but as above it is not working for me.:(

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Please upload a log from 1.20 final.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please upload a log from 1.20 final.
    Logs are from the 2018-07-10-20 version.
    Ist log is a successful attempt to play a radio station in the TuneIn plugin then selecting a second station which gave an error as did subsequent selections (switching this way works in 1.19 final), the initial selected station continued to play, til I closed MP.
    2nd log is a successful attempt to play a radio station then hit stop on remote and b on the kb, no effect, backspace to main menu then selected TV which did not play stop and backspace to main menu hit pause, radio stops playing but mini window still displayed hit play, mini window goes away, closed MP.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_13_07_18__17_59.zip
      1.3 MB
    • MediaPortalLogs_13_07_18__18_08.zip
      1.4 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom