[SOLVED] Radio issue in MediaPortal 1.20 Pre-Release (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I then restored my settings using the Backup plugin

I wrote:

1. Make a backup c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ for keep your settings.
    2. Uninstall MediaPortal
    3. Delete c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\ folder
    4. Install MP 1.20 again
    5. Restore c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\
    6. Try radio time and upload logs.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK did that and stop works with the TunIn plugin. Sadly though my TV channels and most plugins are not restored using this method so not as useful as a real backup/restore.:(
    Logs attached

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_17_07_18__16_01.zip
      1.6 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK did that and stop works with the TunIn plugin. Sadly though my TV channels and most plugins are not restored using this method so not as useful as a real backup/restore.:(
    @regeszter
    Furthermore after restoring the c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\ folder an attempt to scan for TV channels was unsuccessful, nothing found and it seemed to take much much longer than normal, so as a restore method it is not much use.
    Now there may be something weird with my setup, I have regularly used it for testing the many Madvr builds but I have never had problems upgrading before and I think their may be something seriously wrong with that installer you posted, in that both an upgrade install and a fresh install and a restore using the Backup plugin ended up with the wrong (1.19) version of the TV Plugin installed.o_O
    Your choice if you want to investigate further just let me know.;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think their may be something seriously wrong with that installer you posted, in that both an upgrade install and a fresh install and a restore using the Backup plugin ended up with the wrong (1.19) version of the TV Plugin installed.o_O
    My test partition contains MP 1.20 from several builds ago, so I will try installing the latest build this morning and see what happens. :) However, I always do an update install, so this won't test the backup and restore method. :(

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be most interesting to see how an update install of the latest 1.20 build on a 1.19 install goes. Since that is what most users will be doing.;)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It would be most interesting to see how an update install of the latest 1.20 build on a 1.19 install goes.
    Well, I have now done that (sort of). :) Some points:

(1) During the install, a pop-up window appeared stating "WMI Provider Host has stopped working". It is only with an MP 1.20 update-install that this has started happening, but it does not happen every time (sometimes MP 1.20 installs without this pop-up appearing). But even when it does appear, MP installs without any other errors, and it then runs without errors. Possibly this is a Vista-ism, and it seems benign.

(2) On starting "MP Config", I noticed that the log verbosity was still DEBUG (which is what it was before the install). I am guessing that it preserves the value that the existing MP installation had.

(3) Looking at the logs showed that both MP and TV Server are 1.20.0.0, and so I don't get a "mismatched versions" error during MP startup.

(4) Using the DWHD skin, recorded TV and live TV worked as expected, with no errors.

(5) I started "TV Server Config" and performed a channel scan for one of my tuners (a DVB-T tuner). It correctly found the DVB-T channels, and correctly failed to find the DVB-T2 channels. (Thinks: I must retune my production system, since there are several new channels.)

(6) Unfortunately this test does not reproduce @joecrow 's case, as I was installing over MP 1.18, and not MP 1.19. But I think that perhaps others have installed over 1.19 (@catavolt ?).

(7) I have never used the "save settings and restore settings" method of performing a fresh install, and so cannot comment on that.

(8) It would seem that @joecrow 's system is in a weird state, and I don't know what to suggest. One comment that I will make is that I never expect uninstalls to work correctly, so I never perform uninstalls. When I am testing new or updated software, I always copy my production partition to my test partition, and then install in the test partition (that is what I did for this test).

an attempt to scan for TV channels was unsuccessful
    (9) Are you by any chance using @mm1352000 's modified versions of "TvLibrary.dll" and "TsWriter.ax" that he made available at the end of 2017? For UK DVB-T users, those modified versions fix the problem of corrupted characters in the EPG, but the side effect is that channel scanning in TV Server no longer works. With all of this saving and restoring that you have done, plus renaming of folders, I am not sure whether this could happen on your system.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CyberSimian Many thanks for that additional testing, it is good to know it is likely down to my setup.:(

(8) It would seem that @joecrow 's system is in a weird state, and I don't know what to suggest
    Agreed:eek:. The current status is, following the last uninstall I have done a fresh install of the posted latest 1.20, successfully scanned all TV DVBT2 channels and also have the EPG working, I have installed the Radio Time and Online Videos plugins so far, and all is working OK. The previous install and consequently the backup had a bunch of stuff in that I had been playing with, so could have been the cause.:p
    Once I get the 1.20 final I will update install that on my 1.19 HTPC which is a standard setup and see how it goes.:unsure:

Are you by any chance using @mm1352000 's modified versions of "TvLibrary.dll" and "TsWriter.ax" that he made available at the end of 2017?
    Not to my knowledge, no need since I'm in Germany.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Once I get the 1.20 final I will update install that on my 1.19 HTPC which is a standard setup and see how it goes.:unsure:

Just wanted to give some final feedback on this:
    I have updated my HTPC from 1.19 to 1.20 Final and everything including stop in the TuneIn plugin, is working just fine.:)(y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom