MP2 - V2.1 Sort-Title dosn't work (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
June 14, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

it is not possible to sort by sort-title in the movies section.
Only sort by title.

I've already check the nfo-files, if theres a sort-title.
All nfo-files look fine.

Therefore i think thats a bug.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Can not confirm. Here it is working flawlessly...

upload_2017-10-24_1-39-42.png

upload_2017-10-24_1-45-35.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As a proof, here is Win 10 theme:
    upload_2017-10-24_15-33-32.png

and WMC Skin:
    upload_2017-10-24_15-35-54.png

Sorttitle in .nfo is "Die Twilight Sagaxx-yyyy" where "Die Twilight Saga" is the name of the movieset all Twilight movies belongs too, xx is the month and yyyy is the year of the release of the movie. .nfo are made automatically by MKV-Buddy without any manual editing....

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i could solve this problem on my Mediaportal.
    It seems that Mediaportal do not update the database if are any changes in the nfo-file.

I delete all the sources and reimport all movies and then are the sort by sorttitle works.

But thats not how it should work.
    Therefore i think the bug is that the database do not update the informations if there are any changes.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Therefore i think the bug is that the database do not update the informations if there are any changes.
    This is not a bug. The database monitors changes solely on the basis of the respective filename. In other words, you would need to change the name of the movie files in question order to get them updated.

MP 2.2 will include a possibility to trigger a reload of the database information.

Scheibes

Portal Pro
    June 14, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok i do not know this.
    When would be a possible release date for MP2.2?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    I've been rebuilding my database yesterday, as I like to use the Release date rather than the year to sort movies when they're in categories, like "Marvel" or "Harry Potter", and there's a bug that removes the Release date field from the sorting options after a while (corrupt database?). I've used the nfo tool that creates .nfo files...
    I've been rebuilding my database yesterday, as I like to use the Release date rather than the year to sort movies when they're in...
    I've been rebuilding my database yesterday, as I like to use the Release date rather than the year to sort movies when they're in...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom