South African - Users (1 Viewer)

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hello peeps. I am busy setting up MP with my dstv, but I am having trouble with getting the whole EPG thing. I tried various ways that have been described in the posts and also MTbiker's way but nothing seems to work for me. Maybe the methods in the posts are to old. Does anyone here please have a how-to-guide for me that currently works?

vicom

Portal Member
December 23, 2010
Home Country
Nicot,

MTBiker's method doesn't work anymore since DSTV changed their website again (need someone to relook at the scrapping settings again).
and the MCEGuide site is not updating the xmlvtv guide since 5 Sep. so unfortunately for now there is no tv guide:(.. According to the MCEGuide facebook post it should be resolved tomorrow

Last edited:

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
My method is still working 100%, you just need to do the following extras :)

1. Make sure you are using the latest WebGrab+Plus v1.1.1.
2. Then the only extra step is to browse to http://mobi.dstv.com, select South Africa, then select DSTV Premium, then select any channel.
Once you have done this you have to export the DSTV cookie, in Internet Explorer select "File" from the top menu (press Alt key if its not visible) then "Import and export", then "Export to a file", then select "Cookies" the save the "cookies.txt". Lastly copy the "cookie.txt" to your WebGrab+Plus folder (C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab). This "cookie.txt" is needed by Webgrab+Plus to retreive the guide. You might have to repeat this step every once in a while if your guide has stopped updating.

I've attached my config files (including my cookie file, it may work without having to do step 2 above??), just copy them to the WebGrab+Plus folder, overwriting everything.
I've also attached my latest "tvguide.xml", just unzip it into you usual folder :) At least you will be good for the next week.

I know DSTV are doing a big change at the end of the month, once I get a chance to add the extra channels and change the exsisting channel numbers I'll write a proper guide and post it here, but please fell free to ask any questions :)

Or I can save you all the hassel of setting up the above if someone has a ftp site that can be accessed by everyone, then I can automate a zipped copy of my guide to be uploaded daily, any takers :)

Attachments

• WebGrab DSTV Config.zip
    5.1 KB
Last edited:

Nicot

Portal Member
September 22, 2012
Home Country
Thank you MT for taking the time to help. I will give it a try again today. I have a few servers so I can setup a domain and ftp account for you to access and upload to if that would help automate things and make it easier for others.
Can I pm you the ftp details later?

MTBiker

Portal Member
August 22, 2011
Home Country
Ok guys, thanks to Nicot we have a site where I will upload the latest EPG for DSTV daily. I'll let Nicot release the details of the site (y)

I have setup an automated system to upload at 6:30am daily, I suggest to try download after 6:35am to avoid issues.
This is a best effort service from my side, if you notice the guide is not updating or if you have any questions please fell free to pm me :D

As of the 1st of October DSTV is changing their line up, so I'll update the EPG and my DSTV Logo Pack (https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/tv-channels/dstv-logos-south-africa?lang=en) then and share the related changes here in the forum.

vicom

Portal Member
December 23, 2010
Home Country
MTBiker,

I'm getting an error. and xmltv plugin says 96 channels found, 0 programs imported
Code:
XMLTVImport::CorrectEpisodeNum, could not parse 'S12/E26' as episode/episodes
see attached tv.log

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom