SplashScreen hangs when no audio device available (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    It's really easy to reproduce. No audio device in system, and start MP.

In my case is very important because I've got my HTPC 24x7 up and running, and I automatically restart it every night so I don't have to deal with some MP bugs that appear after some days of usage... Now I can't restart it because my AVR is off, no other audio device is present, and thus MP hangs... :(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes I saw JIRA, that's why I ask... It's been to mayor versions with no news about it.

@Owlsroost, as I said some posts back:

Believe me or not, enabling onboard audio makes my MP react with some delay to any key I press. It's weird, and it stays the same way even if I disable this audio device in windows. Only after disabling it in BIOS the delay disappears.

Really strange all in all, but I prefer to deal with this bug till it's fixed than keeping my onboard audio enabled.
    That's why I don't want to enable onboard audio... :(

You could try using VB-Audio CABLE - http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm - as an alternative 'fallback' audio device (not tried it myself, just did some Googling)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Part of the issue with fixing this is deciding what should happen when there is no audio device available - should MP quit (which is what most multimedia software would do in that situation, with an error message) or sit in a polling loop for a while, waiting for the audio device to become available ?

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France

In my case is very important because I've got my HTPC 24x7 up and running, and I automatically restart it every night so I don't have to deal with some MP bugs that appear after some days of usage... Now I can't restart it because my AVR is off, no other audio device is present, and thus MP hangs... :(

Did you try setting MP as BASS wasapi ?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi guys, I think I have similar issues.
    About 1 month ago, the tv set was replaced and the connection TV <-> HTPC changed from S-Video to HDMI.
    Almost together, I switched from MePo 1.5 to 1.6 because I had other problems so I was not sure why this new problem appeared.
    I too have found the HTPC still running after grabbing the EPG data and also no sound after standby/hibernate until a reboot.
    Because having multiple other issues to get my 1.6 setup to the level of before, I didn't pay much attention to this but I think in 'all' the changes that I have done lately, sometimes both problems would dis-/reappear.

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Did you try setting MP as BASS wasapi ?
    Yes. I do use wasapi for MyMusic, as I've got some dts audio albums. Same issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom