SSDPServerController.OnExpirationTimerElapsed: Cannot acquire synchronization lock. Maybe a deadlock (1 Viewer)

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can mitigate the problem slightly by disabling IPv6 (which is no big loss to me personally).

I was able to start and stop a few times but the fourth stop service attempt put MP2 server into the sync lock death spiral.

*edit: just to clarify I set UseIPv6=false in ServerSettings.xml so the change only affected MP2. I didn't completely turn off IPv6 on the machine*

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you make your tests with or without VPN activated?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    This is with the VPN enabled but not in use. Unfortunately I'm about to leave the server for three days so I can't test with the VPN disabled or I'll lose access to the machine

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    It's not just me!

P.S. sorry you're having problems with it :)

mitschke

Portal Member
    June 15, 2008
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    no need to be sorry, without your try outs I would not have found the posibility to resolve the problem. and i am not in the nead of RDC or Windows VPN I am using TeamViewer.

and at the end we are here to make MP2 error free, as it is posible ;):whistle:

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just checked all my machines and Routing and remote access is disabled.
    Tonight I will test with it enabled and see what happens.... Very interesting.
    I have never seen this process interfere with something before.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have. VPN and RDP caused major headaches for me with CableCARD tuner support. The UPnP subsystem seemed to perform really poorly with VPNs enabled

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    Based on what netstat tells me about the MP2 processes I still have more work to do binding the various network functionality to specific IPs

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I run VPN's without RDP. While I currently have discovered all my Home machines have RDP disabled, my portable (work machine) is still capable of VPN connections thru Cisco VPN.
    Now, I am going to start turning on RDP on the systems and check how MP2 handles it. Does anyone have a app I can run to see what is affecting what?

Users who are viewing this thread