[solved] Startup Crash if Video Folders not online/accessible. (default videos plugin) (1 Viewer)

vrflip

Portal Member
February 6, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello. I've recently installed a fresh clean install of MP 1.18 and the latest StreamedMP. I have found that MP will crash upon startup as well as when entering/exiting the file explorer menu if the network location specified in Videos\Video Folders is not accessible (offline, asleep, etc). The problem seems to be related to the default Videos plugin. If I disable that plugin, the problem does not occur. I can reproduce the error easily by not waking up my file server before starting MP. I have captured the attached logs using the Watchdog "report a bug" option, which disables StreamedMP and yet the bug still occurs. I have also attached a screen shot showing the configuration screen I am referring to. I have always used UNC paths in this area before.

My system specs are current on my profile, and I have been running previous versions of MP since 1.4. Thank you for having a look and please let me know if you need more information.

Attachments

• MP Video Settings.png
    MP Video Settings.png
    58.5 KB
  • MediaPortalLogs_13_03_18__19_43.zip
    23.9 KB

vrflip

Portal Member
February 6, 2012
Home Country
Thank you for the response. I set the configuration tool to debug level and ran the watchdog tool again (using the top option, report a bug to team MP). These logs appear to have a [debug] label for many entries. Thank you again.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_14_03_18__20_32.zip
    27.1 KB

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @vrfilp
    can you uninstall completely MP and also streamedMP.
    Done an fresh setup of MP, and try your setting, and if issue is always present.

vrflip

Portal Member
    February 6, 2012
    Home Country
    As suggested I performed a complete uninstall with full cleanup of files, folders, databases, and registry keys with the MP uninstaller. I reinstalled only MP with StreamedMP. I ran the configuration tool, added my file server into the videos section, and unfortunately I still have the same problem. I've attached a Watchdog debug log.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_17_03_18__13_30.zip
      25.6 KB

vrflip

Portal Member
    February 6, 2012
    Home Country
    I am going to update Windows and see if that helps. I've left this box without updates for many years because it was stable and dedicated to HTPC Media Portal. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thank you.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    As suggested I performed a complete uninstall with full cleanup of files, folders, databases, and registry keys with the MP uninstaller. I reinstalled only MP with StreamedMP. I ran the configuration tool, added my file server into the videos section, and unfortunately I still have the same problem. I've attached a Watchdog debug log.
    The best was to try without streamedmp.

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom