Stream drops to audio after a short time (2 Viewers)

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hey guys... followed instructions to replace files and edit config.xml, but now getting this error when trying to stream livetv :

The requested URL /SmoothStream.isml/SmothStream.m3u8 was not found on this server.

Any suggestions ???

Also, where exactly do i put the -r 25 argument ? Anywhere in the livetv line ??

thx

That error message is likley due to the ffmpeg transcoding process not starting. Post your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\logs\error.log and C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\config.xml

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
I have a problem using the proposed fix with video playback.
Before the fix all working fine with WIFI but after no video. Could someone please check my config file to see if I have made a simple error.
Thanks

Looks OK. Can you post your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\logs\error.log

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That error message is likley due to the ffmpeg transcoding process not starting. Post your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\logs\error.log and C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Aspx\config.xml

Hey cheezey.
    Here are the files you wanted.
    In my XML file i have included the -r 25 argument in the live tv line but i am not sure if i inserted it correctly.

Cheers

Attachments

• error.zip
      10 KB

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok.
    I removed the -r 25 argument and its working again, so obviously i inserted it in the wrong place. Would someone elaborate as to where to insert it ? ( <-- potential for a joke here LOL )

Also, i have now noticed that the video no longer fills the screen.

cheers

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,
    Finally had a chance to test again on the road using 3G, but this issue persists.
    Video drops out after about 5 seconds but audio continues.
    This after making the changes suggested earlier by cheezey .

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    Hey guys,
    Finally had a chance to test again on the road using 3G, but this issue persists.

The -r 25 would probably go after the -keyint_min 50, I haven't tried this though.

As for the video not filling the screen, can you elaborate on that? What device are you using? Does it fill half the screen?

What is your home broadband upload speed? Is it enough to support streaming?

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey guys,

The -r 25 would probably go after the -keyint_min 50, I haven't tried this though.

As for the video not filling the screen, can you elaborate on that? What device are you using? Does it fill half the screen?

What is your home broadband upload speed? Is it enough to support streaming?

Ok.
    Never mind about the "filling the screen stuff "... just the file i was using.

My broadband upload speed is supposedly unlimited. It works fine if i use WiFi at home, but as soon i leave home and use 3G, the video drops out but audio continues.

cheers

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    My broadband upload speed is supposedly unlimited

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you sure? What broadband technology are you using? ASDL, SDSL, Cable? You may have unlimited broadband traffic but you will likely have defined upload & download connection speeds.

For example I am on ASDL and get 448kbps upload and 6124kbps download speed, I use a wireless-G router which gives 54mbps (54000kbps) speed.

So when I stream over wifi the iPiMP video stream (which by default is about 320kbps) can easily be handled by the 54000kbps wifi. However when I stream over 3G the 320kbps stream is much closer to my ASDL upload speed of 448kbps - and when you add on the inherent overhead of TCP networking, other services etc. then the upload bandwidth cannot support all this and the 320kbps media stream. In that case the video is dropped and the audio continues as that requires smaller bandwidth (64kbps) which can be supported over the upload bandwidth - this his the nature of the adaptive streaming used by iPiMP.

I intend to make some changes in the next version to encode multiple video streams, at different bitrates (bandwidth) into the transcoding including a low bitrate which will hopefully stream over low upload speeds.

You are also at the mercy of your carrier, location etc. for the 3G download speed. It's not an exact science unfortunately, and everyone has different setups.

bakerpr

Portal Pro
    July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    I have a problem using the proposed fix with video playback.
    Before the fix all working fine with WIFI but after no video. Could someone please check my config file to see if I have made a simple error.
    Thanks

Looks OK. Can you post your C:\Program Files\iPiMP\Apache\logs\error.log

Thanks for checking the XML file.
    Tried again from scratch and all seems to be working fine this time, not sure what I did wrong but also looking great on my new iPad.
    Could you confirm whether it is theoretically possible to stream to two or more devices simultaneously because when I try it stops the running stream.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    iPiMP can only stream one thing at a time at the moment. More than one device can watch that stream though. I may look to amend this in the future, bear in mind though that transcoding is resource intensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom