Streamed MP Beta Release v0.1.167 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Tested the skin last and night.. and I must say:
AWESOME WORK!! :)

Love the:
  • ... Setup / installation procedure. This way the skin can be used by people with less experience in MP and skinning.
  • ... Windows Start menu options (Updates, wiki, etc)
  • ... Menu generator
  • ... Look and feel of StreamedMP
  • ... that you guys made a designed/fixed release before showing it to the public (us :D)
  • ... hard work you've put in it.

Some bugs/suggestions after the first test round
(Sorry.. I don't have a google mail address, so I can't add issues to the google code project)

Main screen / Menu generator:
- I would love it if it would be possible to move the menu a bit more to the left (or right). So you'd get less black on the left and more fanArt on the right.
- Would be cool if you could select a color from a color selecter in the menu generator instead off typing the color codes for the selected and non selected items yourself (Default fffff)
- Is it possible the move the possition of the RSS ticker a bit more to the left.. (let it begin 20px from the left).

Overall
- make the color scheme the same as in XMBC (white and blue).
Like with the time 18:00 PM
The RSS Ticker, etc
You see it in the TvSeries and MovingPictures views of Spuck as well (Aired, Rating, Runtime, etc)

Trailers
- In the myTrailers section, when loading, you can see the status bar between the movie list. While in tvseries/moving pictures it is nicely positioned in the Top bar.

Moving pictures
- The movie filter doesn't work. Typing 'Dark' with your remote and you will not get "The Dark Knight" like expected, but some random named movies.

That's all I can remember for now :)

And again..

Great job!! Love this skin even more than Aeon Wide.. :D

[edit]
Posted it in Bugs/requests as well
[/edit]

Mike1978

Portal Pro
July 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
just tree other small things I noticed:

- The option "search for cover" (MyMusic) doesn't show up any results / progress.
- The option "search for artitist info" doesn't work, brings the message "dialogartistinfo.xml missing"
- in mvids (v.0.2) I have a black background instead of covers

Maybe someone else did mention that before...
Anything else just seems to be perfect!

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Main screen / Menu generator:
- Would be cool if you could select a color from a color selecter in the menu generator instead off typing the color codes for the selected and non selected items yourself (Default fffff)

I agree about the color selector :) The non-focused color doesnt do anything for now I think.. If you check your basichome I bet its not ffffffff, but 80ffffff, even tho it said fffffff when you generated the menu?
Overall
- make the color scheme the same as in XMBC (white and blue).
Like with the time 18:00 PM
The RSS Ticker, etc
You see it in the TvSeries and MovingPictures views of Spuck as well (Aired, Rating, Runtime, etc)
I agree, either blue, or grey (as spuck has done with seasons(?) in tv-series)

Moving pictures
- The movie filter doesn't work. Typing 'Dark' with your remote and you will not get "The Dark Knight" like expected, but some random named movies.

Thats working just fine for me.. And anyways it doesnt have anything to do with the skin, its mediaportal/movingP that handles your remote input

Great job!! Love this skin even more than Aeon Wide.. :D

I agree ;)

Going to go post a bug or two myself now :)

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
The reason I went with grey for most of my headings is i felt that blue didn't stand out as much and sometimes was difficult to read. I can easily change most of the headings colors but im just concerned abour readability issues.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi!

In Monochrome I had this buttons to jump to the next page:

The buttons in the right down corner saying 1/2

In StreamedMP my screen looks like this:

I can't navigate to the "page-button".

Yeah, my english is horrible so it's quite difficult to explain the problem, sorry :-(

Might see about adding these arrows to tvseries, but i will defiantly add them to my music, thanks for bringing that up.:)

Why not adding these arrows also to My Videos and Moving Pictures? I always used these arrows to browse through my movies in a comfortable way. I would like to use these arrows again in Streamed MP. :)

Another thing, in My Videos and Moving Pictures there is no difference between "Icons" and "Big Icons" in the "View Options" of the hidden menu. No matter if i choose "Icons" or "Big Icons" the movieposter thumbnails as well as the whole layout always look the same.

Anyway, thanks for a all the hard work you put into this masterpiece of a skin! :)

The arrows are ugly, and pageup/down or channel up/down does the same thing.. Since MP doesnt support optional visibility for the spin's (yeah thats what they're called :p) I think the should be left out for estetichal(?) reasons :) This skin isnt made for mouse usage anyways...

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
The arrows are ugly, and pageup/down or channel up/down does the same thing.. Since MP doesnt support optional visibility for the spin's (yeah thats what they're called :p) I think the should be left out for estetichal(?) reasons :) This skin isnt made for mouse usage anyways...
It's actually possible to disable the spincontrol, but only in listcontrols. <spinCanFocus>, just too bad it's not implemented in thumpnailpanels as well.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
It's actually possible to disable the spincontrol, but only in listcontrols. <spinCanFocus>, just too bad it's not implemented in thumpnailpanels as well.

Are they gone/invisible then? Or just not able to gain focus? Anyways I can just use some xml-editor and change spinposx to <spinposx>-500</spinposx> in all the xml's. But as long as they are there they can gain focus unless I also make sure they can't be reached by changing all onlefts etc(tooo much work).. So all in all I would like a button in MP config that says; "Disable all spin'ers".

JayDox

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

But I don't use a mouse, I only use my remote control! :D
Ok, I'll start to use the channel up/down keys of my remote now. ;)

JustMeD

December 8, 2007
Guys I have to say I had no idea this was even going on but its a very nice implementation of our skin. Keep up the great work and if your interested we'll be releasing V1.0 in the next week or so to the official XBMC SVN so you'll be able to grab all image resources etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom