Streamed MP Beta Release v0.1.167 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
This is legendary.

Hopefully the issues I'm having with blacking of images on coming back from watching something etc. will be fixed in the RC4 release occuring anytime now.

And then Mediaportal will be 110% pro

That is a weird issue can i just ask what codecs etc you are using and if you are using EVR, i have had this problem before but it seems fairly random and i hope it is fixed in RC4 also.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the release, im trying to get it to work....

Streamed MP Editor, Background images
    ??? humm whats this for ? and there are thy, like the standard ons used in pitures and movies.
    what folder should i set it to ?
    and the images in that folder, how dos the skin know what image to look at ?

Edit:
    i fount out, its not folder you are asking for its the path to image i want to use. OR folder for random image ahhh

like: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP\Media\hover_moving pictures.png
    to show moving pitures..

okay a bit strange way to do it, but it works :)
    thanks ill look moer in to this skin now i can access my stuf

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is legendary.

Hopefully the issues I'm having with blacking of images on coming back from watching something etc. will be fixed in the RC4 release occuring anytime now.

That is a weird issue can i just ask what codecs etc you are using and if you are using EVR, i have had this problem before but it seems fairly random and i hope it is fixed in RC4 also.

I'm using VMR9 and the klite codec pack.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008
    This is legendary.

You cant use EVR?

Technicolour

Portal Pro
    May 20, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

You cant use EVR?

I can I just aren't atm I'll try it now and see if that does anything.

It tends to sort its self out if you go out of the blanked screen go into something else and then back into what you had the blanked screen on.

The text etc often is still there its just the images.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just tested it and the skin looks gooooood!!!
    I had alot of issues with crashing though, so quickly returned to my back-up of MediaPortal with Monochrome skin. I don't know if any of the crashes are skin-related. After all, I did install a SVN version of both MP and MP TV-series (of which I have never had any succes with the SVN versions, they always crashes).

So, once I get the time I will probably try it out again and test some more, providing some more details, but right now I don't have the time for it.

A couple of things I noticed:
    I had no Volume-OSD when changing volume in Full-screen video

The "movie-window" (when a movie is playing, not in fullscreen) on the BasicHome screen was black - no picture. On Home screen it played fine.

The Animation on the BasicHome screen when entering some other section was cool (the menu sliding out). Just a little "let-down" that the next section didn't slide in the same way. This would have looked awsome.

When scrolling the BasicHome Menu the change looked instant. In Home menu it had a sort of smooth change to the next item. Would be cool if this could be implemented on BasicHome as well.

I might have to take back what I have previously said about covers around posters. I noticed that alot of my posters (both movie and TV-series) were very dark, making them blend with the black background of the skin. I am not sure if I liked this "effect" (it did look kinda cool when the edges of the poster blended with the rest of the skin), but it was a little weird when the next cover was bright white and there were no blending at all.

In movie list view and in TVseries, the list on the right was a little dark for my taste. It was sometimes kinda hard to see the difference between watched episodes and unwatched, because the colour was so much alike.

All in all, great work. despite the things I mentioned and the crashing I was very impressed. This will definately be my default skin, once it gets a little further along and I can use it with a stable version of both MP and MP tvseries.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Installer said My current MP was out of date. I'm running the next to last available SVN, but I guess I'll have to have the latest? Installing latest SVN now. Then your skin. Thanks.

Emph

The Installer only prompts a warning if you dont have the latest SVN of RC3 as of 2 weeks ago. You can still continue the install but you might see weird issues that you may not otherwise see with the latest build.

If you have something older than RC3 then you will get a Error msg and the Install will abort, in that case you have no choice but to upgrade to test this skin.

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    im a bit confused, how do i change the MP-TV-Series plugin, views ??
    How do i change the views. like this
    (i cant go left or right, hidden menu not working in there)

tvseries_series_poster_list.jpg

or like this
    tvseries_series_poster_filmstrip.jpg

When i installed i did select: mattsk88 style

Thanks.. looks good you did a great job

(its really hard to decide which skin is better StremedMP or MediaStream from P..)

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    In movie list view and in TVseries, the list on the right was a little dark for my taste. It was sometimes kinda hard to see the difference between watched episodes and unwatched, because the colour was so much alike.
    That is why I made this issue: Issue 58 - mptvseries - Google Code
    Having watched icons in the list is gonna make it easy to see which ones are watched and not.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    im a bit confused, how do i change the MP-TV-Series plugin, views ??
    How do i change the views. like this
    (i cant go left or right, hidden menu not working in there)

When i installed i did select: mattsk88 style

Thanks.. looks good you did a great job

(its really hard to decide which skin is better StremedMP or MediaStream from P..)

Views are described in the first page of this thread: TVSeriesSetup - streamedmp - Google Code

For Series List View: Set Series View to Text
    For Series FilmStrip: Set Series View to Graphical (Check download Posters)
    For Series WideThumbs: Set Series View to Graphical (UnCheck download posters)

This will be available from within MediaPortal later to make it easier.

The Hidden menu for TVseries is currently only available in spucks version

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom