Streamed MP Beta v0.5.361 [08 Feb 2009] (1 Viewer)

stefancrs

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Am I the only one sometimes getting missing graphics / text labels? I'm not at home atm so I can't take a screenshot right now. Anyway, it kind of looks like what happens when you move the mouse on basic home, except that there's no way to get it back to a proper state and it's not just the basic home that is subjected to this issue when it has occurred. Restarting MP usually does not help either, I have to change skin and _use_ another one for a while.

I've only seen this issue with StreamedMP, and I thought that upgrading would get rid of it (to 1.0 and the latest StreamedMP from RC4 and whatever version of StreamedMP that was out at the same time, I installed the first one with 4TR support) but it's the same.

And, oh, there has also been introduced some issues with the 4TR skin, there's now a very bright background on the top of the screen, making it near impossible to read some of the labels :)

Apart from that, this skin _really_ rocks. Keep it up!

mickyblue

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Brisbane Australia
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Showtimes V2

Hi All

Updated Showtimes V2 xml with hidden menus included which allows more big icons to be displayed from the front page etc

a minor bug still exists in the movie detail view in regards to the hidden menu and the keyboard/remote movements but can still be navigated "ok"

will try and get this fixed

hope you dont mind me doing these update mattsk88 just filling in a few blanks i have at the moment

mickyblue

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    157.4 KB
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    108.9 KB
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    113.9 KB
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    68.2 KB
  • ShowTimesGUI.xml
    30.6 KB

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Am I the only one sometimes getting missing graphics / text labels? I'm not at home atm so I can't take a screenshot right now. Anyway, it kind of looks like what happens when you move the mouse on basic home, except that there's no way to get it back to a proper state and it's not just the basic home that is subjected to this issue when it has occurred. Restarting MP usually does not help either, I have to change skin and _use_ another one for a while.

I've only seen this issue with StreamedMP, and I thought that upgrading would get rid of it (to 1.0 and the latest StreamedMP from RC4 and whatever version of StreamedMP that was out at the same time, I installed the first one with 4TR support) but it's the same.

And, oh, there has also been introduced some issues with the 4TR skin, there's now a very bright background on the top of the screen, making it near impossible to read some of the labels :)

Apart from that, this skin _really_ rocks. Keep it up!

You seem to be describing the well-known crash being discussed here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/crashes-basichome-screen-streamedmp-rc4-50221/

In particular see the screenshots posted here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...n-streamedmp-rc4-50221/index3.html#post359810

stefancrs

Portal Pro
November 9, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden

Well, it doesn't exactly crash. It just stops rendering properly, as far as I can tell. And I haven't found what triggers it, or exactly what gets me back to a normal state. Almost all graphics dissappear, apart from background ones. I can SOMEWHAT make sense out of the "shut down, restart, etc" dialog, sometimes, but it also happens that that one stops rendering (totally). And just restarting MP does not resolve the issue, it starts up in the same state again.

762x51

Portal Member
July 29, 2008
Long Island, NY
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

Well, it doesn't exactly crash. It just stops rendering properly, as far as I can tell. And I haven't found what triggers it, or exactly what gets me back to a normal state. Almost all graphics dissappear, apart from background ones. I can SOMEWHAT make sense out of the "shut down, restart, etc" dialog, sometimes, but it also happens that that one stops rendering (totally). And just restarting MP does not resolve the issue, it starts up in the same state again.

I have this problem as well at times. :(

uncertainty

Portal Pro
September 29, 2007
NYC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have an issue that is present in this release and also with the earlier release. When viewing Moving Pictures using the fanart setting it seems the skin will not remember the last movie viewed. For example Ill start this skin, go to Moving pictures, scroll down to say Terminator (which is near the end of my movie list) and watch the movie. When I then stop the movie and return back to the list of movies it shows the beginning of my list starting with "A". Behavior is the same no matter if I have list, small icon or filmstrip view. If this has already been reported please disregard.

thanks for an awesome skin...

This issue is not a skin problem but rather a bug in Moving Pictures so please disregard this ...:D

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still have MP1.0, but did upgrade the beautifull StreamedMP to the latest version. Had do use some modified XML's I found here to use it properly, but since I upgraded I have to switch the TV on first, before getting my HTPC out of standby. If I don't the TV stays black like it has no signal. Then I have to put MP in standby and get it out of standby again.

Is it possible to downgrade StreamedMP again to see if the problem goes away?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I still have MP1.0, but did upgrade the beautifull StreamedMP to the latest version. Had do use some modified XML's I found here to use it properly, but since I upgraded I have to switch the TV on first, before getting my HTPC out of standby. If I don't the TV stays black like it has no signal. Then I have to put MP in standby and get it out of standby again.

Simply uninstall from the Add\Remove programs in the control panel then install the previous version. Although you should first try Blue3wide skin experiences this issue first.

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Simply uninstall from the Add\Remove programs in the control panel then install the previous version. Although you should first try Blue3wide skin experiences this issue first.
    Hi ltfearme. I tried blue3wide skin and the problem doesn't occur there, so this seems to be a StreamedMP problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom