Streamed MP: Community Mods & Bug Fixes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can anyone else confirm that the crashes with BasicHome are not see when using MP 1.0 RC3?

Yabba, I will try reproduce. In the meantime if you can come up with some reproducible steps and add it to the bug tracker please.

Damien

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Somehow I think it has to do something with the backdrops... It always seems to happen when I have watched a movie, TV or anything, and I press the button to go to basichome and then press UP 'too quickly'. It feels like MP needs to be doing something first before I press a button again.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    To add to this (as it just happened), once its happened, MP is at about 50% CPU for a while, but then drops down.

I have a feeling its maybe the changing backdrops (as it happens for Aeon too). May try changing them for a single image and see how that goes.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    When I enter the MyMovies screen (using MovingPictures), it shows a movie in the middle of the list (same one every time), not the first one. Just a small thing, not really bothering me, but is this normal?

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yabba, I will try reproduce. In the meantime if you can come up with some reproducible steps and add it to the bug tracker please.

I'll try to use the bug tracker, I hope I'll be able because it will be my first time :)

Anyway I didn't mention it before because all I can give is my BasicHome.xml file and all labels are translated into Spanish and some backdrop folders are not default, so I thought it could be quite confusing. Anyway if you want to give it a read, here it is : View attachment Basichome.xml

This file hasn't been altered in any way, it's the same file created by the menu generator. I added a "Play Bluray" item using the arcsoft plugin. The menu was working perfectly before, in fact I still have the backup copy of the previous setup, here it is : View attachment Basichome.backup.633655974570312500.xml (I renamed it because the attachment tool refused to upload it with the original name)

Somehow I think it has to do something with the backdrops

It's funny, myself I have the feeling it's all about the text labels. If you change items too quickly the main text disappears but labels (watch the, listen to) remain for a few seconds and MP seems to freeze for an instant. But it's just a feeling, of course.

I have a feeling its maybe the changing backdrops (as it happens for Aeon too). May try changing them for a single image and see how that goes.

I only use single images and have set up 3000 sec. between changes to prevent StreamedMP to reload the same pic again and again (I was not sure if this happened but ... well, it made sense :) ). I must say I used Aeon before changing to StreamedMP and many of these issues already happened with the last versions of Aeon I got to use. For instance, Aeon tended to make those backdrop folder changes randomly... but as I changed to this great skin I don't know if it was just me or any other people had the same issue. As the generator looks very similar to Aeon generator I assume it's made upon Aeon generator so maybe some Aeon issues might be inheritated from it.

zack84a

Portal Member
    September 17, 2007
    When I enter the MyMovies screen (using MovingPictures), it shows a movie in the middle of the list (same one every time), not the first one. Just a small thing, not really bothering me, but is this normal?

This is a known movingpictures issue. It will always start on what movie got added to database first.

donpipo

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I have been testing the skin intensively.

In my case the bug is CLEARLY reproductible. With the original StreamMP without any kind of modification (as downloaded) you can get the bug in the following way:

Pressing key UP until reaching Music. Pressing OK to access the menu section. Pressing ESC to return basichome. Don't press any key until the animation is ended.

I repeat the process eight times and the bug appears, consisting in losing labels.

It is interesting that in my mod basichome with lateral menus the bug appears when I repeat the routine only five times.
    There is another bug tha you can observe in the original StreamMP, consisting in pressing the Left arrow while the window open animation is running. In that case the program crashes. I have solved this problem in my mod by defining an action for every key.

In my experience the problem is still there turning animations or RSS ticket off, substituing multiimages control by images control. I think that the bug resides in a wrong handling of the memory.

By the way, I am posting my basichome xml with lateral menu in the next hours.

igormaiden

Portal Member
    February 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    donpipo how do you view the image background, I see only one generic

As Z3us said, if you want to watch the background, you have to enable fanart view in the Myfilms settings. You need to store the image files in the fanart directory with the same name as the movies.

Sorry for my delay.

Now I have been redesigning the basichome menu to add lateral submenus as the original MediaStream skin. As you can see in the screenshots the goal is reached and it works. Tomorrow i will post the file. Obviosly it's not compatible with the menu generator. Nevertheless i think that is posible to add the functionality given that submenu structure is very recurrent.

Now bad news, I am suffering continuous problems with mediaportal 1.0. As you can read in other posts, basichome crashes very often with Aeon, streamMp + Mediaportal 1.0. In my case after browsing a few minutes basichome dies. At first I thought that the problem was because of my mod, but it is also present in the original streamMP. I have tried with different core dlls and the problem only disappears with MP RC 3.

OK thanks, i solved the problem
    look forward to new changes :D

z3us

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I would like a tvseries layout for the episodes screen that would show the guest stars. I dont want director or writer. And so much fanart as possible. Anyone could make it?
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom