Streamed MP v0.3.270 - MediaPortal 1.0 Ready (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    p.s. Since writing the above, I've looked to see if there are any special instructions I need to read. The links in the Start menu to Online... Home Page, bring up a web page and I've tried to follow instructions there. They're out of date (they say that the MovingPictures version is 0.6.1, for example), so I'm not going to follow any of them. It also appears that the instructions I'm supposed to follow for setting up the TVSeries correctly is out of date. The screen shots don't correlate to TVSeries and the values in the fields aren't the same as on my system, and the fields I'm supposed to change can't be changed (non-editable fields). Probably an issue with TVSeries and not this skin, but worth noting that n00bs will blindly try following this stuff and get stuck.

If you're not going to follow the guides (they do work with the current release, even though the screens may be old) don't count on getting your skin setup working 100%.

Moving Pictures for example hasn't changed much (configuration-wise) from 0.6.1. It's mostly data provider stuff that's changed.

The screen shots don't correlate to TVSeries and the values in the fields aren't the same as on my system, and the fields I'm supposed to change can't be changed (non-editable fields).

I too had to think for about 20 seconds while setting the display controls up. The greyed out field is like that because in the screen shot it's set to "Graphical mode". If you change it to "Text mode" you'll be able to enter the same text into your fields as is filled in the screen shots. There's even a note about needing to download posters to enjoy the graphical mode as it should look. You'll also need to import the rules for that plugin to appear as designed for this skin.

Now be a sport and follow the guides. :D
    Emph

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Ah, now wait a second, you misinterpreted.

No, wait a second, I wrote it badly. WHat I was trying to say was that I tried following some of the guides but quickly got myself deeper in confusion since some of the pages are out of date and don't correspond. Unfortunately, when you're new to something like this, you often need to follow instructions to the letter - and if they're slightly off or ambiguous, n00bs get confused and end up burying themselves in misconfigurating. So I meant to say that I thought it safer to not continue following them as-is.

On the thing about text vs. graphical mode, this means nothing to me, and trying to type into fields that don't allow it usually means I'm doing something wrong and not following things correctly. Ideally, concepts such as configuring text vs. graphical mode would be more easily understood with example pictures - sort of, "Ok, if you like THIS look, set it up this way. And if you like it THIS way, configure it this way.".

I'll go back to the guides, but if you don't mind, I might return here to post what I think is confusing. I enjoy spankings!

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    wow this skin loks stunning! I should be sleeping hours ago beeins seriosly ill with the flu and all.. so is my wife.. but don't now if I can get any sleep now.. I just have to see this in action. It really looks great!

Eeyore

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2006
    Newcastle, Australia
    Home Country
    I've been using MP for many years, but only used the standard BlueTwo skin. After upgrading to MP1.0, I wanted to get Moving Pictures and TV Series plugins working...and all I can say is...this is how a media centre is meant to be...thanks to all the developers for their work! top stuff

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    +1 Thanks for the great skin guys, this is how a Media Center should be :)

Quick question, I have noticed that the reponse of the Basic Home is not as quick as the regular home page. Is this by design?

Thanks again!
    Wile E.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    First and foremost, I want to say what a great skin you have and how awesome it is...However I have a bit of a problem, I have a Display which is a DLP 61 inch TV plugged into a Nvidia 7900GS via DVI to HDMI. The things that are close to the Edges like the RSS news and the time and the page number and OSD for fast forwarding and rewinding. Get cut off. I have played with UI Calib and the Screen Calib. However I cant squeeze things in correctly so everything shows. Any Idea's? I am willing to mod the skin .. if thats even a choice I just dont know where to start.. I think moving everything 10 - 20pixels from the edges and tops would resolve a lot however. Its just a small annoyance when the skin is so neat. I use MP on Fullscreen mode. Just in case thats a question.

Thanks for any help.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    First and foremost, I want to say what a great skin you have and how awesome it is...However I have a bit of a problem, I have a Display which is a DLP 61 inch TV plugged into a Nvidia 7900GS via DVI to HDMI. The things that are close to the Edges like the RSS news and the time and the page number and OSD for fast forwarding and rewinding. Get cut off. I have played with UI Calib and the Screen Calib. However I cant squeeze things in correctly so everything shows. Any Idea's? I am willing to mod the skin .. if thats even a choice I just dont know where to start.. I think moving everything 10 - 20pixels from the edges and tops would resolve a lot however. Its just a small annoyance when the skin is so neat. I use MP on Fullscreen mode. Just in case thats a question.

Thanks for any help.

dapun,
    Are you using the native resolution of your TV? I have a 32" TV that has a native resolution of 1366X768, and if I set the video card to 1280X720 I get the same results as you mentioned above. If you set the card to the native resolution it should work okay...

Wile E.

dapun

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2007
    it says the Native Resolution is 1920x1080 so I am puzzled. I should mention its a DLP so it has some overscan. Not even my Taskbar or Start Menu display correctly. They are usually off screen. Any suggestions welcomed.

furthermore, editing the skins or playing with the UI are my only hope. Some even recommended alternate resolutions. such as 1808x1004 to compensate for the overscan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom