[Action Required] Streaming issue info (1 Viewer)

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    It is strange, cuz I tested it and it didn't try to imort again after updating both tables. You ran both both statements from the original db, before the move?

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Here's what i did:
    1. Close MePo.
    2. Copy db to local desktop.
    3. Rename db to .old on server.
    4. Open local db with SQlite browser.
    5. Run sql statements.
    6. Copy db back to server.
    7. Open MePo config>plugins>MovingPictures>Config to see if it starts trying to import. It does.

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    Here you go!

Hmm, browsing deeper, I see the backdrop/thumb path is still z:\, I wonder if that needs changing. Also, do I need to change the volume serial do you think?

Attachments

• movingpictures.zip
      715.7 KB

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Try:

update import_path set path=replace(path, 'Z:\Movies', '\\vault\e\movies'); update local_media set fullpath=replace(fullpath, 'Z:\Movies', '\\vault\e\movies') ; update local_media set media_label=null,volume_serial=null

It looks like Moving Pictures sees the volume labed & disk id as different so it imports again. When I tested on my PC, I only changed the folder, but kept in on the same HDD, so the volume label & disk id stayed the same.

Last edited:

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008
    That wiped the IDs successfully, but it still imports. I think we need to get a copy of the new label to swap it with. I'll try putting only one movie in there, letting it grab it and write to the db, then get it imported.

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    Im sorry, i dont know what else to try, by clearing the ids and updating the paths in the db, my setup allows me to move the movies from a local path to a unc share without importing again.

umdanwait

Portal Member
    July 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Im sorry, i dont know what else to try, by clearing the ids and updating the paths in the db, my setup allows me to move the movies from a local path to a unc share without importing again.

I have found the solution within the official FAQ last week. In Movie Importer tab, select your path from media sources list and dropdown the options on the minus button. Then click "Toggle Replaced". After than, add your new path and close MovingPicture configuration. At the next opening all files will target de the source path and the old source will disapear from the list.... if not disaperaing, unignore your files marked as ignored.

Be sure you got a full backup of your database before ;) Good luck !

Last edited:

scythe000

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2008

I have found the solution within the official FAQ last week. In Movie Importer tab, select your path from media sources list and dropdown the options on the minus button. Then click "Toggle Replaced". After than, add your new path and close MovingPicture configuration. At the next opening all files will target de the source path and the old source will disapear from the list.... if not disaperaing, unignore your files marked as ignored.

Be sure you got a full backup of your database before ;) Good luck !

Thanks! That worked great. Here's the sql code i ran on tversiesdatabase4.db3:
    Code:
    UPDATE ImportPathes SET Path = REPLACE(Path, 'Z:\TV Series', '\\vault\e\TV Series');
    UPDATE local_episodes SET EpisodeFilename = REPLACE(EpisodeFilename, 'Z:\TV Series', '\\vault\e\TV Series');
    After doing this, I can confirm it all works!

Users who are viewing this thread