Stuttering in scheduled recordings unless client window is open (TSWriter Continuity error) (2 Viewers)

brunoh

Portal Pro
August 8, 2004
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I think that I have the same behaviour an a Asrock Vision 3D running as client/server.

Recordings that I do during night, when nothing is running on the PC are full of stutters.

I have this since a longer time. I did disable all energy-options in Bios and I think that it improved the situation to same part, but not fully.
I did also tests with moving the recorder folder from system-disk to external disk but it did not help.
So I gave up on it and leave the pc 'busy' while doing unattended recordings.

Many thanks and respect to Kent for digging so deep into this complicated area.

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Varberg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I think that I have the same behaviour an a Asrock Vision 3D running as client/server.

Recordings that I do during night, when nothing is running on the PC are full of stutters.

I have this since a longer time. I did disable all energy-options in Bios and I think that it improved the situation to same part, but not fully.
I did also tests with moving the recorder folder from system-disk to external disk but it did not help.

Thanks for sharing!

I felt so lonely with this problem!

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
March 14, 2012
Varberg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I've filed a support request to ASRock Technical Support Division. Let's see if they are willing to investigate this.

Dear ASRock Customer,
Your question has been forwarded to ASRock Technical Support Center. We suggest you to contact your dealer first for technical issue.
ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists. Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers will keep updating the FAQ each month.
For inquiry regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly ask your dealer first for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.
Thanks for your email,

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm beginning to suspect some weird driver\hardware problem, certainly never had to go through everything that has been covered in this thread before, just out of interest, are there any older tvcard driver available to try.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Would be good to see your system specs, so we can do a comparison.

brunoh

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2004
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    [quote="Kent Ohlsson, post: 854220, member: 121072"
    What's Your OS and TV-Tuner?[/quote]

This is a Windows 7 Professional 64bit and running with 2 usb-sticks:

WinTV HVR-930c and PCTV 510e

It could be usb-related)

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The drivers I use are the standalone ones found here. I don't want to install the TVCenter since I'm not going to use it. However they write

If you want to use your PCTV product with Windows7 we recommend to download and install our latest TVCenter which includes all necessary drivers - Please click here.

They don't say if the drivers included with TVCenter are newer or not. I guess there is only one way to find out so I'm going to install it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom