Stuttering in scheduled recordings unless client window is open (TSWriter Continuity error) (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Could it possibly be the network hardware which is going into a low-power mode and causing this ? (just an off-the-wall thought....)

Tony

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Could it possibly be the network hardware which is going into a low-power mode and causing this ? (just an off-the-wall thought....)

Tony
    Thanks Tony. I disabled power savings in device manager for the nework device and disabled the following 2 parameters: Green Ethernet, Energy efficient..
    Still no result. I'm not sure that the network adapter is involved in any way when making recordings ...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I'm not sure that the network adapter is involved in any way when making recordings ...

Sure is, that's why one of my suggestions was fully about network, still think it might be worthwhile trying the MSLoopback adaper I mentioned, link in Tony's signature ;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I would take a system image, lot quicker to reset all the changes needed when dealing with network and MP :(

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I really want to find out the reason for the stuttering so I decided to make a very clean reinstall. This is what I did:

• I reset the BIOS settings to factory default.
    • Deleted old partition.
    • Made a new 120 GB system partition and installed Win 7 Ultimate Swedish x64 on it.
    • Installed driver for NEC USB 3.0 from DVD.
    • Created another 348 GB partition on the disk and assigned letter D.
    • Moved the page file to D: and made it fixed size 5721 MB.
    • Installed driver for IR device
    • Installed driver for Ethernet controller
    • Ran Windows update until there was nothing more left to update.
    • Installed driver for INF (Intel)
    • Installed driver for WLAN adapte
    • Installed driver for Western Digital MyPassport SE external disk.
    • Changed the environment settings variables for TEMP and TMP to point to directories on D:
    • Installed Firefox
    • Installed Adobe flash player
    • Disabled the WLAN device in device manager.
    • Installed Piriform defraggler
    • Ran disk cleanup
    • Defragged C: with the defraggler utility.
    • Activated a Win 7 Aero theme.
    • Installed MediaPortal 1.2.2 both server and client.
    • Configured the server:
      1. Disabled the DVB-C tuners
      2. Disabled EPG Grabbing on the DVB-T tuners (I have 2 tuners now)
      3. Changed recording folder to E: (External USB 3.0 disk)
      4. Changed timeshifting folder to D:
      5. Ran a scan on both tuners
    • Configured the client:
      1. Autostart MP when Windows starts
      2. Remote = MCE
    Thats about it. (Windows had already installed the latest drivers for my tuner cards)

Then I started the client and made a manual recording (I don't have any EPG yet).
    I closed the client for a while.
    I started the client again to stop the recordings. I started to view the recordings and there it was again... the infamous stuttering.

So it's reproducable and the installation is very clean I think. No plugins or unnecessary utilities and programs.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi Kent

I really am as baffled as you now, is it worthwhile disabling tvserver temporarily and seeing if either the tvcards own software works correctly (prefereable as 3rd party software like MP) or MCE works.

Kent Ohlsson

Portal Member
    March 14, 2012
    Varberg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I would like to urge anyone using MediaPortal on ASRock coreHT and/or PCTV nanoStick T2 (290e) to post in this thread and letting us know whether you experience the described problem or not. Your information might be very valueable when trying to pinpoint what's actually causing the problems.Your input is needed and welcome so don't be shy. If You are not a member of the MediaPortal Forum, sign up now. As a registered member You can opt to watch this thread and get notifications when someone makes a post.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom