Subtitle issue (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That's odd, using it with CUVID myself (latest LAV + xy-VSfilter) but will see if I can test that as well.
    Do have it running on my brothers setup with DXVA2 (native) which still has a LAV version from a few months ago where it runs fine with BR-Disks and MKV embedded subtitles at least.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep with CUVID, the GPU is used but if we set DXVA, i think it's goes to CPU with vsfilter :)
    Latest master LAV give the same result, so it can be an issue with MPC Engine too, because other m2ts + pgs subtitle are ok, also MKV with PGS sub.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to be perfectly clear: I'm using DXVA, MPC engine and the latest LAV.
    But this issue happens ONLY with the first season of the TV-series "The Americans" and NOTHING else. I have a thousand BD's and hundreds of TV-series. NONE of them shows this issue, only "The Americans". So I suspect this series. Thing is, I don't find anything strange about it and it works perfectly in other players. So if you guys test something it should be with this specific series.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The only difference could be the used subtitle engine between the external players, if it doesn't show up with DirectVobSub as well it's most likely that for this series it's either non-standard or made for more recent subtitle engine (incompatible markup).
    xy-VSfilter does have the benefit of having high quality subtitles + lower resource usage and active development however if it means losing DXVA then for most machines it will probably affect performance too much.

@Sebastiii Just tested DirectVobSub (xy-VSfilter) with DXVA and enabled the LAV tray icon to easily check however remember that tray icon changing colors (and mouse over text) depending on DXVA/CUVID but that isn't working anymore, do you know how I can check if DXVA is still being utilized?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I will try to extract a sample :)
    xy-VSfilter works on that sample (MPCHC Engine not)

DXVA, i can see it by CPU usage if it's off, normally with LAV Video decoder if we set DXVA, we should see that it fall back to non dxva. I will try to screenshot that :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    MPC-HC Engine : (Active so DXVA in use)

upload_2015-10-1_7-46-45.png

upload_2015-10-1_7-46-54.png

xy-VSfilter : (Available is describe so no DXVA in use) (CPU usage is high too)

upload_2015-10-1_7-48-37.png

upload_2015-10-1_7-48-23.png

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've reported this bug already 1,5 years ago, unfortunately i never found a solution -> Link (sorry, its a team internal link) And there is another thread -> Link. So i think it is a confirmed bug, but i don't know, if it is a bug from MediaPortal or LAV?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've reported this bug already 1,5 years ago, unfortunately i never found a solution -> Link (sorry, its a team internal link) And there is another thread -> Link. So i think it is a confirmed bug, but i don't know, if it is a bug from MediaPortal or LAV?

With Zoom Player it works with LAV + DirectVobSub (xy-VSfilter) but not correctly with MPC engine so suspect either the combination with LAV or that some content (subtitle markup) isn't compatible with MPC.
    Did notice that LAV 0.66 has an VC-1 (WMV) seek bug where it has trouble with skipping (long delays) so went back to 0.65.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Made a few test more. Unfortunately a lot of subs aren't working propper in MP, please take alook at the screenshots ->
    Settings MediaPortal:
    snip_01.png
    Result MediaPortal:
    snip_03.jpg

Playback the same sequence in MPC-HC:
    snip_04.jpg

LAV Splitter settings are the same in MPC-HC and MediaPortal:
    snip_02.png

It would be great, if we could find a solutions for this!

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom