Suggestions for remote controls (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Which remote controls should I consider for the HTPC?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

loads of posts on this one... make a search and you should get an idea of what is good for you

I used the Hauppage 350 remote and that was fine (need Remote.ini file) but now switched to the ATI REmote Wonder and I think it is 10 times better and you can do much more with it (mouse action etc..). Proof that this is good: my wife says so!!!

A

Anonymous

For the least hassle I would go for a media center remote since MP has native support for that. I know that Philps manufacture one but there are probably several.

PLeblanc

Portal Member
February 10, 2005
How about the FireFly?

Looking at the dates of the other posts, I realize I'm a little late to the party, but...

The FireFly remote is pretty nice. It's firefly suite runs in the background and gives it basic functionality for most of the htpc programs out there (including media portal) without any additional setup.

It has mouse functionality like the ati remote, but it is not nearly as nice at moving the mouse around (the directional pad on the ati works better than the direction buttons on the firefly), however, as far as a remote goes, the firefly is much nicer than the frankenstein ati remote. The ati is a monster, honest. It's got a zillion buttons, and you'll never use 90% of them. It's big and ugly, and it just screams "PC". I like a remote that instead whispers "TV", and I think the firefly does that pretty well.

The firefly is from the same people who make BeyondTV, so it integrates most smoothly with that.

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote," which I do not have)? Device Manager lists Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver as working. I find the MP2 documentation quite confusing as to whether a plugin is needed or whether MP2 is supposed to work...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
I recently installed 2.4.1. Can anyone tell me why my IE remote does not show up under Input Devices (I show only "WiFi Remote,"...
Replies
Views
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home theatre room with a beamer and has Media Portal installed, from the living room, where there is a TV that is connected to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this remote control once the...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
I just came across WiFi Remote in a roundabout way. I am looking for a way to remotely control my HTPC, which is located in my home...
Replies
Views
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO GPIO driver. Installing that appears to have solved the remote problem. Who knew? Thanks to all who contributed to my solution.
I think I've solved the remote button issue, there was an unknown driver in Device Manager which I discovered was the Serial IO...
I just upgraded my HTPC to a 12th gen Core i5 CPU and Windows 11 running MP 1.30 (Ukraine). It works well except for two minor...
Replies
Views
thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use MPiviewer for ipad and that's what was important to me. it's nice to have taken the time for my problem which will undoubtedly be useful to others as well.
thank you very much for your quick response. Obviously 1.30 seems to support wifiRemote and mpextented so I can continue to use...
Hello, I am trying to reinstall mediaportal 1.16 but I get an error message "no internet connection found! to continue the...
Replies
Views
Yep like said @azzuro (y) @Media4Franky look at the signature to point to wiki help :)
Yep like said @azzuro (y) @Media4Franky look at the signature to point to wiki help :)
Hello, I’ve got the following problem with Mediaportal 1 („The Phantom Menace“): when trying to view TV or movies, there is no...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom