Support Ember Media Manager (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films?

The best way to get support added for a new Catalog is:

1. Add a feature request to the My Films Issue Tracker,
    2. Post a new forum thread for EMM support and ask interested users to star the issue.
    3. Provide a link to the current version and documentation for the catalog
    4. Provide a sample XML/exported file we can use to map data to My Films
    AFAIK EMM is quite similar to XBMC. There is support (at least in upcoming v5.2) to convert XBMC data to My Films. But Guzzi would know better if that would work for EMM. I don't think anyone has tested it very thoroughly yet though.

donzella

Portal Member
    August 22, 2009

Actually, EMM can be setup to do exactly the XBMC method. That's where I started using EMM when I was using XBMC. MP is better IMO. Just a bit of kissing up to the MP folks. :) If My Films will work with XBMC format then it's a closer thing that I thought. Maybe I need to research it a little more. :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

OK I should clarify what I mean by support for XBMC :).

AFAIK, XBMC does not really use a catalog/database. Rather files (.nfo or .xml, folder.jpg, movie.jpg, fanart.jpg etc) are all stored in a separate folder for each movie, right? IIRC what MyFilms does is read the data into a AMC XML database that can be used with My Films. So it is more a 'conversion' option. But I don't know what would happen if you use the XBMC catalog type to always convert your EMM data to AMC format. It might work!

I know Guzzi has worked on supporting .nfo files natively in My Films - and you can see in the tracker (Issue 48: Add nfo Backup option to AMCUpdater that in v5.2 you can use AMCUpdater to Update or Delete .nfo files. However, there really isn't much documentation about it yet, as we never had any users willing to really test it. It's always something Guzzi has wanted to do, but development will really depend on the number of users interested to use it, and of course to test it properly!

Hope that clarifies a bit, and you don't sue me for 'false' advertising :)

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

½1

Edit: I think my cat just jumped on my keyboard, that little nerd :oops: :sorry:

But now I'm here, I will thank the hole MyFilms team for your excellent work and it looks very exiting with the upcoming support for more fields and I'm a Extreme Movie Manager guy and MediaPortal / MyFilms / StreamedMP is the best thing happened in my movie collector life.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Which Movie Catalog do you use with My Films?

OK I should clarify what I mean by support for XBMC :).

AFAIK, XBMC does not really use a catalog/database. Rather files (.nfo or .xml, folder.jpg, movie.jpg, fanart.jpg etc) are all stored in a separate folder for each movie, right? IIRC what MyFilms does is read the data into a AMC XML database that can be used with My Films. So it is more a 'conversion' option. But I don't know what would happen if you use the XBMC catalog type to always convert your EMM data to AMC format. It might work!

I know Guzzi has worked on supporting .nfo files natively in My Films - and you can see in the tracker (Issue 48: Add nfo Backup option to AMCUpdater that in v5.2 you can use AMCUpdater to Update or Delete .nfo files. However, there really isn't much documentation about it yet, as we never had any users willing to really test it. It's always something Guzzi has wanted to do, but development will really depend on the number of users interested to use it, and of course to test it properly!

Hope that clarifies a bit, and you don't sue me for 'false' advertising :)
    Actually, there is two different options:
    Option 1: XBMC allows to export the Moviecatalog into one single XML file - same way, as other external Catalog do - and this can be used to import in MyFilms. It is a little limited, as XBMC does not export all info into that file.
    Option 2: Use native MyFilms DB and the above mentioned nfo scraper to scan and import those movies.

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    I am a user of EMM also, I found it when looking for a solution that would allow me to move metadata with the movie files when "sharing" them with a friend. I have previously used MyFilms extensively and love it, but have now moved to using Moving Pictures as it scrapes Ember nfo files and artwork via one of it's scrapers. I would love to see the same support for MyFilms, and would like to be involved in any testing necessary. I will be watching this space!

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Support Ember Media Manager

I am a user of EMM also, I found it when looking for a solution that would allow me to move metadata with the movie files when "sharing" them with a friend. I have previously used MyFilms extensively and love it, but have now moved to using Moving Pictures as it scrapes Ember nfo files and artwork via one of it's scrapers. I would love to see the same support for MyFilms, and would like to be involved in any testing necessary. I will be watching this space!
    I have created a request on google code - Issue 93 - Better support for nfo files.
    So anybody interested could star it to bring priority up.
    V5.2 alredy supports exporting MyFilms DB to nfo files - there is partial support for nfo file reading since quite some time (not released), so it is about finishing that.

Users who are viewing this thread