Support for remote sending keyboard shortcuts (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi @Stéphane Lenclud

Can you help me? How can I use that remote which provides this when I press dvd menu button?

upload_2017-7-31_20-14-29.png

This is when I press record button.
    upload_2017-7-31_20-15-44.png

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How can I use that remote which provides this when I press dvd menu button?
    The two examples that you have shown correspond to the signals that the Hama/Ortek remote control sends. If you are in fact using the Hama/Ortek, you might like to try using the "Centarea HID" support package, available here:

Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100

The discussion on the pages following that post might also be of value.

If you are using some other remote control, the "Centarea HID" might provide a useful starting point, even if it requires a bit of tweaking. (I have wondered whether the Emprex RF remote control would work with the "Centarea HID" , but I don't have one to check.)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not find the backspace button in Use HID keyboard. How can I add it?
    'Back'
    I do not find the windows context menu button in Use HID keyboard. How can I add it?
    'Apps'

The names of the button code in MP1 HID mapping configuration are the same than the ones displayed in the HID Demo.
    So if there is a key you can't find try it in HID Demo, that will tell you its name in our configuration.

The name themselves come from a .NET C# enumeration I believe.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @regeszter If and when you get a working HID profile for your remote we should consider integrating it as part of the release.
    Either by replacing the existing 'full' profile or by adding a new built-in profile depending if it overlaps with existing configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
    Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom