SVT Play plugin (Swedish TV) (1 Viewer)

thrawnarn

Portal Member
October 6, 2007
Hi everyone, I'm soon finished with my studies (2 weeks or so) and I will look at all the problems then (if someone else hasn't).

Forseti

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
An update to this topic..

Im planing on rebuilding the entire plugin, the code was crap when I got my hands on it, it got worse and now there has been some other changes to it so Im guessing it havent gotten any better....

The redesign of the plugin is to:

A) Clean up the code and apply to the coding standards of MediaPortal.
B) Put it up in the SVN so others can contribute to the coding/ bug fixing / improvements.
C) Support more svtPlay alike websites/streams so that we can use it for other sources (tv3 / kanal5 and so on).

So my idea is to first put the solution together with some basic architecture (for the multiple sites implementation) and also try to get svtPlay working. As soon as I think its runable it will be posted here for some testing. After that it will be published in the SVN and all developers can go nuts on my crappy code :)

My plan for svtPlay web is to parse the website for the categories but use rss feeds for the list of episodes for each show. I think that the rss feeds is a bit more static and is probably more easily parsed then the html with 20000 divs in it....

Before you all go HUUURRRAAAA in here.. save it until something is really done, this might take a while! (Work,TV(Sports),Computer Gaming,Family,MPPlugin in that order).

If someone kindly would help me with:

A) Find the "latest" version of the sourcecode for svtplay.dll (probably somewhere in this thread, im to lazy(sorry) to parse this 23 pages thread)
B) Try to build a list of 1-Bugs, 2-Wanted stuff

Any input in ANY form is very welcome, good or bad!

scma

Portal Pro
December 24, 2005
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I really think you should start with setting up the "google code"/sourceforge site, which ever you choose, and check in the current code. It would make it much easier to keep track of bugs and progress and make it easier for others to chime in.

Forseti

Portal Member
January 6, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Of course we could check in the current code (whenever we find the "latest" one) but it will only be used as a reference, none of the current code goes in to the new project (except a few pieces of line ever here and there)

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I really think you should start with setting up the "google code"/sourceforge site, which ever you choose, and check in the current code. It would make it much easier to keep track of bugs and progress and make it easier for others to chime in.

I totally agree with that.

Forseti

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    An quick update..

I started looking on the OnlineVideo plugin and it looks good, the code is well structured and its absolutly possible to build a svtplay class inside OnlineVideo.

I will get started on building it but it will probably take me a couple of days to figure everything out. When I get it working i will post the new version of the dll here(for those of you who feel like testing it). At the same time I will try to get in touch with the team behind OnlineVideo plugin and send them my new class and stuff. Hopefully they will have a quick look at it and invoke it into the "real deal" I will also at the same time try to get access to the google code so I can help them out with any issues on the svtplay parts.

Forseti

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did some coding last night...

* List of categories (first selection after selecting which site to get vids from) now contains list from svtplay A-Ö list
    * After selecting category (show from A-Ö list) it gets the rss feed for that show and gets the rssitems in that list

Left to do is to get it to actually play the video also... bumped in to some issues there (it seems to select audioplayer for asx files... but hopefully I will get that working (otherwise I will have a chat with the team behind OnlineVideos and see if they can help us out))).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom