SVT Play (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello georgious, great job!

I can confirm that non Live videos are working when using Lav Filters 0.53.1. Haven't had the time to test live broadcast yet..

Another problem that maybe only I have..., I'm using a Zotac AD10 with AMD E-350, when watching SVT play videos it starts to stutter after a while.
I can mitigate this problem by pressing "pause" for a while and then start the video, the video continues smooth as it is supposed to be.
I don't think my internet connection is the problem as I have 10 Mbit fiber (Telia FiberLan) full duplex (when testing hte connection I have 10 Mbit sustained throughput in either direction). Also when running movieclips on for instance apple.com in HD - everything is smooth. I have only seen this problem on SVT play.

I have tested to increase the OnlineVideos "buffer value" to 50 % - but it doesn't appear to use that value, because the SVT Play videos starts streaming in tha same time regardless of setting..
I don't think my GPU is the problem either (using DXVA2 setting in Lav Filters), because if I download the same video - there is no problem with stutters when watching it, also as I said when pressing pause for about 1-2 minutes, and then continue the video, it runs smoothly.

Anybody else have this problem?
Is this perhaps a "buffer issue" in lav filters/online videos but only for SVT play?
Would be great if some SVT play users could share their experience of this..

Thanks in advance.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can mitigate this problem by pressing "pause" for a while and then start the video, the video continues smooth as it is supposed to be.
It seems that problem is download speed, logs can be helpful.

Ok, I will collect the logs and post here. Will do that this evening or tomorrow evening.
I suppose you don't see this problem at all?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia

Ok, I will collect the logs and post here. Will do that this evening or tomorrow evening.
    Because I'm testing on VPN (which is not very fast), I always press "pause" and wait. After that I don't see any problem.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Because I'm testing on VPN (which is not very fast), I always press "pause" and wait. After that I don't see any problem.

Ok just now I tested playing several clips on SVT play, I only saw the problem on two shows "Hockeykväll" and "Downtown Abbey". The other clips I tested was working, no stutters. "Downtown Abbey" is the last clip I tested in the attached logs.

pellelkpg

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    Latest version just commited to SVN. It should fix seeking problem on WinXP (@pellelkpg can you try?). Live on SVT still not tested, but it seems that live is limited to specific times and dates. I don't understand Swedish, so I need English translation for what is on SVT page.

Just tested seeking on WinXP (have been busy for a few days, thats why the late reply) and it seems to work nicely on the few clips I have tried this far. Also did a quick test on the live videos and they also work.

Thank you very much for all the skill and effort you put into this!

dhasselqvist

November 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this big leap forward, I'm very grateful for your efforts.

I have some issues still though. It seems that the SVT Play part of OnlineVideos is no longer respecting the buffer settings. No matter what setting I use on the buffer % the buffer time stays the same (too short) and clips stutter because of the lack of buffered data. If i pause long enough to get a decent length of the buffer it all works well. If I test other sites from within OnlineVideos they respect the buffer settings as before. It seems that also pnyberg is experiencing similar behavior.

I also got issues with some clips ending prematurely. If I press info the clip length is correct but at about 2/3 of the clip it will exit back to the plug-in screen as if I would have pressed the stop button. It has happened on 4-5 clips but I didn't have logging on so for now I cannot give you any good logs.

I have used the last committed changes from SVN (r4946)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Ok just now I tested playing several clips on SVT play, I only saw the problem on two shows "Hockeykväll" and "Downtown Abbey". The other clips I tested was working, no stutters. "Downtown Abbey" is the last clip I tested in the attached logs.
    If it is possible, try to make logs from other videos on SVT site for comparing. Your decryption times are very long (one fragment of data, approx. 2 MB, takes 5 seconds). So problem is not in your download speed, but in decryption.

It seems that the SVT Play part of OnlineVideos is no longer respecting the buffer settings. No matter what setting I use on the buffer % the buffer time stays the same (too short) and clips stutter because of the lack of buffered data. If i pause long enough to get a decent length of the buffer it all works well. If I test other sites from within OnlineVideos they respect the buffer settings as before. It seems that also pnyberg is experiencing similar behavior.
    Because only HTTP protocol return total length of data to download, then only for HTTP protocol is returned correct buffered length of data and correct total length of data. For all other protocols is total length just guessed and adjusted while receiving data (this is cause why buffered percentage skips from 75% back to 50%). Maybe I change this in later versions.

I also got issues with some clips ending prematurely. If I press info the clip length is correct but at about 2/3 of the clip it will exit back to the plug-in screen as if I would have pressed the stop button. It has happened on 4-5 clips but I didn't have logging on so for now I cannot give you any good logs.
    I guess that transfer was interrupted and filter cannot open connection again, but logs are needed in this case. Filter always make logs (MPUrlSourceSplitter.log, maybe MPUrlSourceSplitter.bak) in default MP logs directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom