SVT Play (2 Viewers)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Anyone else that has problems with A/V synch?
I know this has nothing to do with Online Videos but rather with codecs and renderer settings..
In my case I only get the MS Codec to work when using LAV video filter I don't get any picture at all.
I have two symptoms really:

When starting a live olympics stream the A/V is way out of synch - audio is very late - say around 3-5 seconds or so. Then after around 10-15 seconds the video stops and only audio continues, sometimes it recovers but with heavy stuttering, not watchable.
When skipping back or forward the stream restarts and the video works as expected - it does not stop anymore but with even more audio delay than when started the stream...

Anyone with the same experience?

There is no problem running the stream in the browser outside of MP.
My system is an Zotac AD01 with ATI HD 6350 gfx, with the latest drivers using HDMI to my AMP then passthru HDMI to TV.
Using it as a client only to my TV server backend with wired ethernet 1 Gb.
I have no problems with other movies or live TV on this system.
Also no problems with other svt play content that is not live streams...

I have tested with LAV audio filter and MS Audio filter - no difference in behaviour...

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Two steps ahead and one back
Ordinary Play is now fully working. The stop after 30s in some Sportprogram is now gone.
Tested with MS, LAV and ffdshow h.264

Live is not stopping, but for me the video part have problems.
Audio OK.
ffdshow not working
LAV not working ("Can't play Onlinvideo.mp4")
Cyberlink gives green picture
ffdshow h.264 working OK ( big pixalations) but stutter after about 30s and then stop
MS working, great picture but out of sync and after 30s start stutter and then stop.
Same result with all if I test with different bitrates.
?

Attach some files from testing different Encoders.

Attachments

• Olympics Live.zip
    82 KB

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I guess my problem is similar to Pastill... I thought it was something codec related only... But I can confirm that the LIVE stream stops around 30 s...

Attaching my logs as well.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• OnlineVideos.zip
    87.4 KB

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
I've got an answer from SVT:
"Våra livesändningar bygger på en annan teknisk plattform än vårt on demand-utbud vilket kan förklara varför det fungerar annorlunda i vissa fall. Vi jobbar dock på att uppgradera både live och on demand just nu. Tanken är att ha den nya tekniken på plats under september, så ni får gärna återkomma med hur det fungerar då"
In translation:
"Our Live streaming is build on a different technical platform then our On demand, which can explain the different behavior in some cases. We're right now working on upgrading both Live and On demand. Our goal is to have the new technic in place during September, so please come back and report how it works then".

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    SVT Play doesn't work for me at the moment, not playing streams or downloading (only tried concurrent). Is this because of the above post by Pastill? I'm trying to get episode 4 of Lillyhammer.

Emph

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It seem SVT-play uses F4M now.
    E.g.
    In Justice:
    http://svtplay3o-f.akamaihd.net/z/s...d,-v1-902534466c98d4b3.mp4.csmil/manifest.f4m

--
    Note the "krypterat"(encrypted in english) in the url-path - not so promising.

The public key i embedded in the html:
    <div pub-key="pub-6d700a6f-50d8-4e3f-8ef1-f392be50035e"
    sub-key="sub-2198c8a6-78a8-11e1-9a28-c1b92b90d49a" ssl="off" origin="pubsub.pubnub.com" id="pubnub"></div>
    <script src="http://cdn.pubnub.com/pubnub-3.1.min.js"></script>
    <script>window.PUBNUB || document.write('<script src="/public/2012.51/javascripts/libs/pubnub-3.1.min.js"><\/script>')</script>

pellelkpg

Portal Member
    March 14, 2010
    Found this on their homepage (in swedish)

http://blogg.svt.se/testbild/2012/09/ny-streamingteknik-for-svt-play/

They are slowly changing from " Flash Dynamic Streaming" to "Flash HTTP Dynamic Streaming" which is a different protocol for streaming. So i guess more and more programs will be encoded in the new way. Thats the f4m extension in the file from ministerk's post.

It seems like Georgius has updated the MP Url Source Splitter to handle these files (see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/any-support-for-f4m-http-dynamic-streaming.110143/)

I tried to update the splitter from the latest SVN but had no luck. I guess the siteutil also must be updated. If it is possible? If the data is encrypted I guess we have bad luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom