SysInfo (MP dashboard) (1 Viewer)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Thanks for different skin support.:D Those are not included in zip as this is not yet mature.

There is now version with SpeedFan support. Now all artists can sketch a layouts how to show all that data nicely. We wan't something more than just plain text I think.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    silly question.

How am I supposed to be using speedfan with this new version? I noticed the extra textbox in the skin.

Besides this the provided skin (monochrome) does not indicate any network.

Edit:
    Found this bit in my error log when going directly to SySInfo after restart
    2008-12-09 22:49:26.593750 [ERROR][MPMain]: No translation found for id 101009
    2008-12-09 22:49:26.625000 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan bestand of assembly TvControl, Version=0.9.3.1061, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
    Bestandsnaam: TvControl, Version=0.9.3.1061, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    bij SysInfo.GUI.Status()
    bij SysInfo.GUI.OnPageLoad()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

WRSCH: registratie van assembly-bindingen is uitgeschakeld.
    Als u assembly-bindingsfouten wilt registreren, stelt u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) in op 1.
    Opmerking: er is een prestatiestraf gekoppeld aan de registratie van assembly-bindingsfouten.
    Als u deze functie wilt uitschakelen, verwijdert u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

This seems like there should be more checking when looking for the TVServer (I don't use TVServer)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Bugs first (sorry about message clipping):

I also have found a bug, I believe. I run a x86 system (XP SP3) with 4GB of memory. SySInfo tells me I have 2GB of memory which really should be 3GB and a bit (because of 32 bit limitations)

This seems like there should be more checking when looking for the TVServer (I don't use TVServer)

Yes, it was limited to 2GB but should be ok for now. Also TVServer usage checking added. Can you verify these corrections?

silly question.

How am I supposed to be using speedfan with this new version? I noticed the extra textbox in the skin.

Besides this the provided skin (monochrome) does not indicate any network.

How I did it: download the latest version of SpeedFan, install it and configure it to use xAP. Everything was left as defaults (remember to check UID). After 30 secs you should see data in plugin side.

We are not there yet to monitor different PCs. So there is no network selection etc. but later on we can parse PCs online and have same kind of menu as for drives. That is quite easy to do with xAP (I think) - see xFx viewer how it detects all elements online. No configuring needed in MP side at all if guessing right.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm the 2GB limitation is gone, it´s now correct, :D

However I still have the same error in my log and network indicator not working.

2008-12-10 19:33:11.828125 [ERROR][MPMain]: Exception: System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Settings.GUISettings.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow)
    2008-12-10 19:33:25.625000 [ERROR][MPMain]: OnMessage exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Kan bestand of assembly TvControl, Version=0.9.3.1061, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden.
    Bestandsnaam: TvControl, Version=0.9.3.1061, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    bij SysInfo.GUI.Status()
    bij SysInfo.GUI.OnPageLoad()
    bij MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)

WRSCH: registratie van assembly-bindingen is uitgeschakeld.
    Als u assembly-bindingsfouten wilt registreren, stelt u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) in op 1.
    Opmerking: er is een prestatiestraf gekoppeld aan de registratie van assembly-bindingsfouten.
    Als u deze functie wilt uitschakelen, verwijdert u de registerwaarde [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

DotNet errors are really kinda generic with languages (got the dutch one installed), but if you need me to translate it, I could have a go at it :)

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    It will still need this dll from TVServer until I figure it out how to overcome this. I bet network detection start to work also. Put this dll to Mediaportal root and try.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, working like a charm now :D
    Can live with the extra 36kb's of DLL :)

------------------------------

Couldn't get speedfan to coöperate yet. Attached a screenie of 2 systems that are maybe causing some issues here?
    They are in the same network and the UID is the same for both (didn't change 'em).
    I'm monitoring the server with My Speedfan. MySpeedfan also doesn't support multi setups, would be cool if yours someday would. At least I'd be greatful :)
    Any suggestions or remarks on this?

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
      Untitled-2.jpg
      34.6 KB

urev

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 7, 2005
    Germany
    great plug in.
    Perhaps interesting for you:
    CPUID
    with this app I can get a lot of information of fan speeds, temps, ... of my PCs. Perhaps it is possible to get an interface to the data, some source code or some programming tricks from the author?

bye, urev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom