SysInfo (MP dashboard) (1 Viewer)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Just to throw it out there.

Wouldn't it be cool if this was a process plugin showing up on basichome or something? Could this be done? Maybe if styled nice. Dunno how it's done graphics wise but would be nice if it's skinnable somehow. Kinda like the vista gadget?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sysinfo for streamedMP

Hi!

I modified the skin files a little bit for streamed MP. 720P
    later at home I'll take a closer look (menue view like normal streamed MP views etc.)

cu

Attachments

• MediaPortalsysinfo.zip
      30.7 KB

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yes, I'm doing a process plugin from this. You can then have some of the info at any window via tags.

But the problem now is how to fetch data from process plugin to windows plugin - is Guipropertymanager only way??? Can somebody explain a bit, thanks.

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi!

I modified the skin files a little bit for streamed MP. 720P
    later at home I'll take a closer look (menue view like normal streamed MP views etc.)

cu

Thanks for the streamedMP support! I can finally use this plugin.

One suggestion - fade the background image a bit - currently looking at the gages is difficult.

Yes, I'm doing a process plugin from this. You can then have some of the info at any window via tags.

But the problem now is how to fetch data from process plugin to windows plugin - is Guipropertymanager only way??? Can somebody explain a bit, thanks.

I don't know much about the plugin creation process, but why not have the process plugin simply write the info to a file (XML?) every so often, and then your window plugin just keep reading the latest info from this.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I don't know much about the plugin creation process, but why not have the process plugin simply write the info to a file (XML?) every so often, and then your window plugin just keep reading the latest info from this.
    wouldn't make sense. Window plugins have there own "window" (like it is now).
    I believe Manfred wants it like it can be displayed in any window (for instance home)

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    wouldn't make sense. Window plugins have there own "window" (like it is now).
    I believe Manfred wants it like it can be displayed in any window (for instance home)

What do you mean "it woudln't make sence"? He was asking how to share data between process and window plugins. If both plugins use the same data source (xml file), then problem solved.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

I did some modifications to the Dashboard skin files for streamedMP.

Hope you like it

cu

Attachments

• dashboardforstreamedMP.rar
      30.7 KB

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    screenshot would be nice

here you are

I'll take a closer look to the gauges these days ... maybe I'll change the black backround around the gauges with transparency

Attachments

• sysinfo.jpg
      sysinfo.jpg
      215.9 KB

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    For me, I'd like to see the background gauge just go away, or faded significantly. It makes reading the other gauges very difficult.

Anyone thought of a digital readout instead of those gauges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom