TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (3 Viewers)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    why is hd+ working for you?! I'm speechless right now.... What is your cable provider or do you have sat?
    I had a quick read about the maxCam, it seems to be the new "uni Cam" and that cam was programmable to do such funny things :p (for SAT HD+ are the Box keys available), but for UM as an example with ECM postprocessing there is no solution right now :)

What was you exact problem now? Does it work with MP 1.3 but not with the experimental branch?

Zepar

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using a TBS6991 dual-tuner (DVB-S2) with two CI-slots. Due to the TBS-card, I had to use the experimental MediaPortal 1.3beta (thanks once more to demax for compiling & mailing to me) to get my CAM running at first.

Tuner A's CI is equipped with a MaxCam+ & Sky S02-card. Tuner B's CI uses a MaxCam Twin & HD+ HD02-card with HD-P set to on.

I know there is an option to insert some keys for austrian O*F and some others. But I only flashed the CAMs with the 'standard' software without any fiddeling. 1.05 for MaxCam+ and 5.18 for the MaxCam Twin.

There's only one problem left at the moment: I can not watch the Subchannels from Sky'S 'Bundesliga' or 'Sport' - neither with LinkageScanner enabled using the subchannel-option within MP, nor by directly tuning into the channels...

I still got a Cine S2 with two CAM around - I will probably give it a try on another machine with 1.2.3, 1.3a & 1.3b these days.

My Goal would be to get a Sky V13-card with HD+ enabled on it - With HD+ finally running i will now ask somebody near me to borrow me a V13 for testing before I chance my S02 into a V13.

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh okay, complete different problem, sorry for the misunderstanding :)
    As far as I know Subchannels are not supported right now... (if it is that what I think of)

Zepar

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh okay, complete different problem, sorry for the misunderstanding :)
    As far as I know Subchannels are not supported right now... (if it is that what I think of)
    no problem ;)

So any idea why it might not be supported?
    Subchannels also appear as usual channels after my sat-scan - they belong to sky and are encrypted... only difference (for me to see) when tuning in is, they produce a "no audio/video"-error...
    Is this a different kind of encryption?

(i'll give this one a try on my tv, if the S02 generally is capable of receiving those (sub)channels.)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @demax @FreakyJ
    Thanks for helping out the people who are having trouble.
    You're right - the v2 patch does not support some of the new cards. A new patch really is required.
    A warning: I consider the branch that demax has built as almost obsolete, but there is no stable equivalent.
    For those of you that are using this branch:
    • it is not supported by anyone other than possibly me
    • it will not be upgradeable
    @Zepar
    Post your logs please if you want help with those channels.

Zepar

Portal Member
    January 6, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Zepar
    Post your logs please if you want help with those channels.

looks like if you can't help - nobody might ;)
    thx a lot!

Here we go. I attached two sets of logfiles from my tv-server:
    One trying directly to tune into one of the Bundesliga-Subchannels from my channels list. Another using the "unterkanäle"-option due to the linkage scanner. In both cases i successfully tune in at the main Bundesliga-channel before.
    In both cases I tried the same channel.

Attachments

• tune as subchannel with linkage scanner enabled.zip
      9.2 KB
    • direct tune.zip
      7.7 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    According to the logs:
    2012-11-16 00:25:54.015625 [(7)]: TvDvbChannel: subchannel 0 OnPmtReceived(), PMT PID = 0 (0x0), service ID = 322 (0x142), is service running = False, dynamic = False

One of the many additional features on that branch is that TV Server should now be able to detect whether a channel is active or not. The idea is to save time waiting for a 10 second PMT timeout. This is useful for non-24 hour channels (there are quite a few of these in the UK) and portal channels.

So what happens now when you tune a channel:
    1. The tuner is tuned to the transmitter (frequency, symbol rate, DiSEqC etc.).
    2. Attempt to grab PMT (the information about the available video/audio/subtitles) and at the same time check if the channel is active. Assuming the channel is active, PMT should be received.
    3. If the channel is encrypted, grab CAT (conditional access info needed to decrypt).
    4. If the channel is encrypted, tell the CAM to start decrypting.
    5. Wait for clear audio and video to be detected.
    Your attempts are failing at step 2 because TV Server thinks the channel is not active.
    I have not tested this because I do not have access to portal channels, so there could be some bugs.

Do you know: is the portal channel that you're trying to access really active right now?

thomasd

March 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi mm

I posted my logs a few days ago, but nobody took the bait :)

I'm having trouble with encrypted channels on my TBS5980, but as a newbie MP user, I'm a bit overwhelmed at the number of possible solutions to test.

I understand that you got the 5980 running? Could you tell me which combination of tv server/patches I should be using?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I understand that you got the 5980 running? Could you tell me which combination of tv server/patches I should be using?
    Yes, I run the 5980. You need MP 1.2.2 and v2 of the patch. Nothing more.

thomasd

March 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes, I run the 5980. You need MP 1.2.2 and v2 of the patch. Nothing more.

That's what I'm using. But I get this "Preview failed:NoPmtFound" message when trying to watch encrypted channels. I can watch encrypted channels in TBSViewer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom