TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That's what I'm using. But I get this "Preview failed:NoPmtFound" message when trying to watch encrypted channels. I can watch encrypted channels in TBSViewer...
    Have you tried removing and re-inserting the CAM?
    What version of TBSViewer are you testing with?
    I guess you know that you have to close TBSViewer then restart the MediaPortal TV service before you can attempt to use the tuner in MP again.
    Also, please can tell me exactly what type of CAM it is - the more detail you can give (firmware, brand, a picture etc.) the better.

thomasd

March 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That's what I'm using. But I get this "Preview failed:NoPmtFound" message when trying to watch encrypted channels. I can watch encrypted channels in TBSViewer...
    Have you tried removing and re-inserting the CAM?
    What version of TBSViewer are you testing with?
    I guess you know that you have to close TBSViewer then restart the MediaPortal TV service before you can attempt to use the tuner in MP again.
    Also, please can tell me exactly what type of CAM it is - the more detail you can give (firmware, brand, a picture etc.) the better.

Hi mm

When I went back to my Media PC to get the details you asked for, I gave it one more shot, and I got a picture on an encrypted channel!

I think I may have been overly challenged by MP's tuning/mapping/whatever setup, but over the couple of days I think I've got the hang of it. Also, it seems that sometimes when I exit TBSViewer, its process would linger, so that would probably cause trouble.

I don't think my setup is stable yet, but I'll have to try to pinpoint the problem areas before requesting more help.

BTW, will the announced 1.3beta come with your contributions rolled in?

Revolty

Portal Member
    September 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    will the announced 1.3beta come with your contributions rolled in?
    +1

The CAM on TBS 5880 works with 1.3 alpha but it's something wrong with that branch, preview in server works fine but tv picture freezes in mp while navigating in menus and sometimes randomly. Can't use it. And it don't work on 1.2.2 using patches.

lukjod

Portal Pro
    September 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    1.3 beta doesn't work with tbs 9628, FTA channels work but the rest gives info of scrambled channel. Any patch will come?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't think so, you have to wait for TVE 3.5 or use the current MP2, but that is a very early alpha version :)

Edit:
    Branches that have TBS CI support:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP-TVE3.5-MP1-MP2

and

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...-Tuner_hardware_support_cleanup_and_extension

I think last one would be the best for you, but you won't get any support, because these are dev snapshots ;)
    The first one isn't that stable at the moment, the second one is merges in first one => no further development on second one :) I hope that was clear xD

Last edited:

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have TBS6928 runing on TV-server 1.2.3 with patches and 3 clien's runing on MP 1.3.o beta without any patches. It's all running without poblems.
    When I try do update TV-server to 1.3.9 beta the TBS card is seen in the setup but it's totally dead, no Cam ad no search for channel. Have I missed something is there any other patches in the future or is my TBS card slowly come end of Life with MP.

Kind regards

RLinSweden

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you should really read the thread before posting :rolleyes:
    especially the two posts above...

macklcat

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012
    I use the "TBS5980 QBOX CI" card. The card works but the CI dont work with MediaPortal 1.3. When comes an update for the CI?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom