TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (2 Viewers)

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Guys as stated,

Do not use my version of Mediaportal as it will not work with these mods.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Tbs 6981 now works with 2.0

Channel change times I don't believe have improved although same transponder changes do seem quicker.

I have limited fta hd channels to zap but
    Bbc hd to bbc 1 hd is about 3 secs of black screen
    Bbc hd to itv hd 6-8 secs,
    initial tune is also around 8 secs

What logs contain the zap times may I ask or shall I go into debug mode and do the whole lot

I'll try and do it tonight as I'll go back to djblu's mod as no guide data is unbearable :p
    Thanks
    Ian

lwenco

Portal Member
    March 2, 2010
    hi mm,
    you referenced me to this thread out of my "trouble-thread" with the TBS6981 (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tv-streaming-480/no-signal-beim-scan-103672/index2.html). I also tried the 2.0 DLLs you provide in this thread. They work fine for me, just with the same problem I described already in the thread.

Nevertheless, what I want to mention is, that I also asked TBS support about my problem and they told me, that my switches must be old diseqc ones (with toneburst) and therefore they are not working. They were referring to the configuration I use with different cards (Simple A, B) which is according to them the old diseqc. So, as you wrote in your release notes, that your DLLs should also support toneburst, I tried those as well, but unfortunately no changes. Just to make sure, is it really true that TBS6981 does not support "Simple A, B" configuration?

Thx!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Ian

Tbs 6981 now works with 2.0
    Okay, that is good. :)

Channel change times I don't believe have improved although same transponder changes do seem quicker.

I have limited fta hd channels to zap but
    Bbc hd to bbc 1 hd is about 3 secs of black screen
    Bbc hd to itv hd 6-8 secs,
    initial tune is also around 8 secs

What logs contain the zap times may I ask or shall I go into debug mode and do the whole lot
    The whole lot please - I always prefer having full information.

I'll try and do it tonight as I'll go back to djblu's mod as no guide data is unbearable :p
    :)

mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again lwenco

Let us be very clear, because this topic can be quite confusing.

By default, MP generally supports DiSEqC 1.0, simple DiSEqC (also known as tone burst), and motor control.
    By default, MP only supports DiSEqC 1.0 and motor control for TBS tuners. Simple DiSEqC is not supported.
    By default, MP only supports DiSEqC 1.0 and motor control for TechniSat tuners. Simple DiSEqC is not supported.

***However***, if you select "simple A" and "simple B" then by default MP will send DiSEqC 1.0 commands as well for port A and port B as simple DiSEqC commands (if they are supported).

My patch is quite different.

For a start, both versions of my patch should enable DiSEqC 1.0, simple DiSEqC (tone burst) and motor control for all TBS tuners.

In addition, when you select "simple A" and "simple B" my patch will actually send only simple DiSEqC commands.

So now the question: why does Hotbird not work for you with your TBS tuners? I can't answer that without knowing what kind of switch you are using. On one hand I would think it is a DiSEqC 1.0 switch since the Skystar works with "simple A" and "simple B" with the default MediaPortal TVLibrary. On the other hand I would think it is a simple DiSEqC switch because otherwise the TBS tuners should already work with the default MediaPortal TVLibrary. This is very confusing since you probably cannot check what kind of switch is being used either.

I would say that your best chance for success is to use the v2.0 of my patch with the latest drivers and to test systematically with each of the options. Please do *not* use none as that should not work. I cannot explain why you experienced strange behaviour with "none" in the past but it seems entirely possible to me that the switch may be unreliable.

Nevertheless, what I want to mention is, that I also asked TBS support about my problem and they told me, that my switches must be old diseqc ones (with toneburst) and therefore they are not working.
    I have been working closely with TBS so they know that MP does not support tone burst switches without my patch. That is probably why they said that.

They were referring to the configuration I use with different cards (Simple A, B) which is according to them the old diseqc.
    Yes, "simple A" and "simple B" are tone burst commands. Those switches are not as common as DiSEqC 1.0 (4 port) switches.

So, as you wrote in your release notes, that your DLLs should also support toneburst, I tried those as well, but unfortunately no changes. Just to make sure, is it really true that TBS6981 does not support "Simple A, B" configuration?
    I have explained the situation above. I'm really not convinced that your switch is a tone burst switch but please try all the options with the latest driver and the latest version of my patch.

mm

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi

Here is some logs - the first log was a failure to tune after sleep resume - may or may not be related to your plugin

The 2nd after a tv service restart where tuning was successful

Only HD channel tuning

Switching between various channels.

itv hd seems to tune fast,
    ch4 hd slow
    bbc hd to bbc one hd is fast
    itv hd -> bbc hd slow

I'll try and build more logs when I'm back from work later.

Thanks or your work mm :) :D

Ian

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    Hi

Here is some logs - the first log was a failure to tune after sleep resume - may or may not be related to your plugin

The 2nd after a tv service restart where tuning was successful

Only HD channel tuning

Switching between various channels.

itv hd seems to tune fast,
    ch4 hd slow
    bbc hd to bbc one hd is fast
    itv hd -> bbc hd slow

I'll try and build more logs when I'm back from work later.

Thanks or your work mm :) :D

Ian

I'll back this up,

Tuning on the same transponder is quick, when the transponder is changed there is a 3 second delay in the put_tunerequest.

It doesn't happen on DVB-S transponders which is the weird part.

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    Hi Blu

Checking my logs it does appear to be fast for BBC Hd -> BBC 1 HD which is on the same transponder

Switching to a different transponder for Channel 4 hd was slow, but switching to ITV HD was fast - again on a different transponder.

I believe I went from BBC HD to ITV HD, this request is in my log on these lines:

BBC 1 HD:
    2012-01-20 08:32:09.582666 [(7)]: Controller: channel #1 DVBS:tv:BSkyB BBC One HD Freq:10847000 ONID:2 TSID:2050 SID:6941 PMT:0x104 FTA:True LCN:36 SymbolRate:23000 Modulation:ModQpsk Polarisation:LinearV InnerFecRate:Rate8_9 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:Off RollOff:ThirtyFive

Then to ITV HD
    2012-01-20 08:32:29.086046 [(13)]: Controller: channel #1 DVBS:tv:BSkyB ITV1 HD Freq:10832000 ONID:2 TSID:2049 SID:10000 PMT:0x120 FTA:True LCN:470 SymbolRate:22000 Modulation:ModNotSet Polarisation:LinearH InnerFecRate:Rate5_6 DisEqc:None band:Universal Pilot:NotSet RollOff:NotSet

The ITV HD Tune time:
    2012-01-20 08:32:29.386052 [(13)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    2012-01-20 08:32:29.623056 [(13)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

The other way round - ITV HD to BBC HD
    2012-01-20 08:31:50.872301 [(13)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    2012-01-20 08:31:53.220346 [(13)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

EDIT:
    I found the Channel 4 hd -> itv hd request
    2012-01-20 08:33:14.583933 [(5)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    2012-01-20 08:33:14.720936 [(5)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

itv hd -> channel 4 hd:
    2012-01-20 08:32:49.898452 [(18)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest calling put_TuneRequest
    2012-01-20 08:32:52.645505 [(18)]: dvb:confused:ubmit tunerequest done calling put_TuneRequest

Hope you can spot whats different
    Let me know if you need any more logs generated, I'll check out the sd channels this evening

Thanks
    Ian

SonnyBoy

Portal Member
    January 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements

Hi
    I have a TBS6928 with a irdeto cryptoworks CAM and ORF decrypten Card Running here in Austria. Mediaportal 1.2.2. Since the Update of your tbs v2 everything runs well. I will so more Tests next week and will Post the Details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom