TBS6590 (1 Viewer)

Folke Sundnäs

Portal Member
April 22, 2019
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
With the info from Ratata I got them to work more or less. Very slow though. Looks like they need strong input from the antenna. I also have two card from Skydvb in the same tv-server which respond much better. And they also have support for CI+!

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello Folke, which TV provider are you using?

I'm interested in finding a TV card with CI+ for Canal Digital (maybe TBS6590?) to watch the V channels. Looking at dvbsky.net there's a note about not being compatible with CI+.

Folke Sundnäs

Portal Member
    April 22, 2019
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I´m using Boxer as provider.
    I have a server with 3 cards. One 6590 an two DVBSky T980C. The two cards are set up with CI+ and work quite well I think.
    The 6590 is rather slow in shifting channels I think and I don´t get as many channels as with the T980C.
    I also use a card splitter so I can have coded channels for all 4 receivers.
    The web says that you can´t get CI+ with the T980 but it works for me. No problem to look at HD channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the error. After uninstalling MpUrlSourcesplitter(x64) I installed the MpUrlSourcesplitter(x86). But the error message still comes.
    I can confirm that. After reinstalling MP1.31(x86) I mistakenly installed the x64 version MpUrlSourcesplitter. Then I got the...
    Just completed a clean install of Win 10 followed by MP 1.31. During install the installer hung up because I didn't have .net 3.5...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] channel numbers issue DE
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    that's awesome, thank you! problem fixed. no idea how it got changed as I rarely go into the config.
    Hi, until recently i had my tv channels selectable by typing the channel number on my remote. for instance, i hit the number 9...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank's, I had already disabled the option in MP. Anyway, last night, after several tests, I suddenly hooked up the correct frequency. Honestly I've done dozens of tests and so I don't know what is the thing that unlocked the problem, but now it works.
    Thank's, I had already disabled the option in MP. Anyway, last night, after several tests, I suddenly hooked up the correct...
    Hello, with Mediaporta and madVR I can't get the right refresh rate of the videos to work. I've set everything needed for the...
    Replies
    Views
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual things TVGuide shows no data available in MP2 and after running TVSetup and telling WebEPG to grab now I am presented with the attached error screen - TvSetup then crashes out. I have run a repair on...
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual...
    hi team, this error seemed to literally start overnight - not as a result of any windows update or related. tried all the usual...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the error message was of no help. By deleting everything I wouldn't have known so it was a learning curve for future reference. Fully understood I thought that might be the case. I also had some issues with...
    Yes correct that would have solved it. I guess I was more interested in finding out what I had done to cause the problem as the...
    I've just updated to Win 10 on a second drive and am installing MP 1.31. Having a bit of trouble with the install with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom