tearing in videos (1 Viewer)

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Here is the graph generated into GraphEdit...

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi,
Actually for some movies it is windows that selects & not MP & to many codecs installed can brake the list. MP Uses DirectX & direct show filters(like games) which means your codecs has to be able to output to that renderer, if it can't then you will have problems. We could have avoided this with pre building graphs, but that takes much time & since different computers like different codecs, it will be a huge task ;)

Regards
Roy

And why Zoom Player, MP Classic, Windows Media Player, TVedia works without problems?? there must be an easy way to help end user with codec nightmare when using MediaPortal. ffdshow it's a free codec, open source and it opens almost every type of movie available, so it should be easy to install ffdshow, then MediaPortal and then... play your movie with no problems.. I've also noticed the tearing problem in animations into MP main interface, i've tried with forced vsync in nVidia settings but it does nothing...

regards,

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have now tested with same graph as you have(only different from your was ffdshow audio, i was using mpa) & it works fine.

Can you upload a small file someplace that i can test with or point me to a place where i can download a test file from?

Regards
    Roy

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Well, upload a video it's a problem because it's a lot of Mb, but u can test with any DivX/Xvid encoded video. I'm having this issue with almost avery video that i have. As i told you in a previous post, using ZoomPlayer works fine, and i think that this player is selecting codecs using default merits for codecs installed reported by windows, the same way that is supposed to be done by MP....

regards,

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    as a provisional measure i'm using ZommPlayer as external player in MP to view videos, but this is not optimal situation because i can't minimize the video window, etc...

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Tested several avi's & can't reproduce it, check if you can see the graph with GraphEdit when playing with ZommPlayer & if it is the same. I hope someone else can reproduce it.......

Regards
    Roy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Tearing will happen if you aren't able to use DX exclusive mode. So the Exclusive mode crashing is the thing that needs to be fixed.

"crashes (with options like VMR9 exclusive mode)"

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Yes, exclusive mode is also crashing for me...

So that's what is needed to be fixed as you will get tearing when not running in DirectX exclusive mode (not an MP limitation, but MS).

Have you tried any other divx/xvid decoders than the ffdshow? ffdshow is known to cause some issues on some systems. Can you play any other content than .avis wen the DirectX exclusive mode is enabled?

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I've tried also using MPV but i'm also getting tearing. In other hand, ffdshow is the best codec that i've found because it allows to use filters and i get the best picture quality (blur filter, resize, posprocessing levels, etc). I want to ask you something, if i'm not getting tearing using another players, is because they doesn't use DirectX to show the movies?.

when you ask 'can u play any other content than .avis', do you mean mpgs, movs, and so on?

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom