TechnoTrend scrambled channels error | Page 3

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by Ruud, August 3, 2010.

1. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    As info: PBDA will not be implemented in MP for a long time (If it will / can ever be). Of course we will try do get it in :)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Riksmith, can you elaborate a little on the reason for this? Isn't that a consequence of choosing MS as OS of choice?
    thanks,
    Ruud.

4. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    No, pbda is MS only so that is not the problem. The reason is it is very complex. And there are also some security features of which i do not know if they can be implemented. And if not if they are required.

5. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Simone,

please find attached the logs created with MediaPortal Debug shortcut.

Synopsys:
    1. start at appr. 7:33
    2. Tune to RTL 5 (which is a scrambled channel) -> displays OK
    3. Tune to NET 5 (which is a scrambled channel) -> Error -> channel scrambled message
    4. retry NET 5 -> same result as 3.
    5. record 'Burgers Zoo & Waarom' on Net 5 (the channel that previously gave the error)
    6. recording icon start, stops, start, etc. but finally it is recording okay.

I have a follow up question:
    If is on forehand known that a channel is a subscription channel that you have a valid subscription for -> it would make sense if MP would retry this channel for X times (just like in recording this channel) until descrambling works instead of throwing the 'channel scrambled' message on first try.
    You could even make this configurable (x times retry before throwing error).

regards,
    Ruud.

6. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    1. Is a channel a subscription channel known?
    yes and no. You can configure this, but a broadcaster can switch between encrypted / fta.

2. Is it known that you have a valid subscription?
    No.

About the config: I think that would only be because of the technotrend currently misbehaving. In my opinion it does not make sense to include such workarounds in the main code. I would rather have a specific piece of code for the TT cards which could apply a workaround.

But for now i am still waiting for the TT devs to shed some light on it. In my opinion they are the ones that need to act now, not MP.

7. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Riksmith,

thank for the follow up. As I can recall there is an option in TV server with which you can run passed all channels and it would test if you have a valid subscription (test button?), so with this routine you can make it known that there is a valid subscription.

I agree that this error is a driver issue and that the best fix should be there, don't get me wrong: I love standardizing as a means of lowering bugs and maintenance so every work around should be weighted carefully.
    I just feel that TT (and also other close sourced suppliers) will focus on win7 and actually will 'kill' supporting any other version: 'if you have a problem, first upgrade to win7 and latest driver and tell us if it is still in there....'

Just a thought.... I am currently looking at tvheadend as a possible opensource replacement for the mp tvserver: Linux as OS, opensource drivers (v4l-dvb) and opensource software.
    I hear great things regarding tvheadend: fast channel switching for one (I know that we are strugling with that as well). Can software like TVheadend function as a jump start for the rework needed on tvserver (probably due for release MP2)? Not needing to reinvent the wheel?

Is that something the MP development team is looking at?
    Just curious...

Will keep the pressure on TT without loosing (if any) credit I have with them ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

8. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Update 09-08-2010

Latest update from TT (09-08-2010 part 2):
    and my reaction:
    Latest update from TT (09-08-2010):
    and my reply

9. vladlenf

vladlenf Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I contacted Peter Kraus from TT and asked about the error and when we can expect it has been fixed.

The old driver will have never been fixed because TT wants to have the only driver on the market. But at the same time Peter confirmed that a new driver/API will support old BDA architecture. Unfortunately a release date is unknown.

Let's wait for the new API.

Hi riksmith,

I agree that better not to include such workaround into the main code. But simple workaround with restetting CI can be included into specific Technotrend class. The only point is that channel switching time will increase. But still an option can be added to the configuration dialog to turn the workaround on/off.

What do you think?

Vladlen

10. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Sounds good. I will see if i can provide you guys with a binary. I can however not promise anything of getting it in an official release.

11. riksmith

riksmith Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +321 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Here it is. There is no option to turn on / off. I ofcourse cannot test so no clue if it works.

Attached Files:

• TVLibrary.rar
      File size:
      139.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      August 9, 2010
      Views:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!