TechnoTrend scrambled channels error (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well it seems that change is not a working solution. It seems it takes the cam 4 seconds to recover from the close / open, and the code can not handle that.
    Hi Riksmith,
    I agree: a definite nogo, but worth the try ;)
    regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ruud > DVBShop forum seems to be dead about our (your) request. Do you have any news/contact/hope regarding the problem we have?
    Hi Jean-Christophe,

last update from TT Support is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-channels-error-85247/index3.html#post646364

For me personally,
    I managed to get TVheadend working on my Linux server with an opensource driver (makes me wonder how they are able to get it working and TT not????).
    I managed to get my smartcard working via a cardserver on that same linux server (that is the way TVHeadend uses CI's -> no more cam / cardspecific drivers / issues ;)).
    Thus I do not have any timing / scrambled messages / windows driver issues anymore.

so in short... I managed to workaround this issue.

Only downside is that there is no plugin for TVHeadend within MP.
    Good news is that TVHeadend records in .mkv files and that I can then in MP view a recording... no live tv though ;(
    Other good news (not sure if this is good news ;() is that XBMC is in its PVR branch developing a tvheadend integration and this already looks promising / stable (due for Q4-2010)

So I will still be persuing this issue with TT, but I do not know for how long because of the workaround that is bound to be (Q4) the real thing for me....

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys (and Girls?),

just a note to say that I am not actively pursuing this issue anymore,
    As stated somewhere before I have moved my TV server functionality over to my Linux server in combination with TVHeadend.
    Last weekend I migrated my last HTPC (Livingroom) to Linux (Ubuntu Server 10.04) with XBMC PVR-Testing2 branch (has a plugin for TVHeadend)

This setup is running perfectly (even tho it is a SVN): instant (!) channel switching, not once got an error (scrambled or any other sort), never missed the beginning of a recording because it is rock-stable.
    This together with the blazing fast Ubuntu Server as OS and XBMC made me also decide not to buy new hardware: and as you can see in my signature I am beginning to get proud that I managed to get all this functionality on these specs ;))

If somebody feels up to it to further pursue this with TT just give me a PM and I will handover my contact(s) with TT.

regards,
    Ruud.

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Ruud,

You've got a message :)

Seriousely, this TT support is verry poor. If I was not stuck to MP (familly use it too) I will consider doing the same switch as you :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    R Technotrend S2-3200 Singnal Problem Installation, configuration support 0
    framug [solved] TVguide : channel number. MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Client / Server slow channel-to-channel change (zapping) General Support 1
    V [solved] FTA channels but reported as encrypted MediaPortal 1 Talk 7
    T Server / client channel logo location Installation, configuration support 6
    g0rsq UK Freesat not tunning BBC HD channels, and lots of other freesat channels missing. Newcomers Forum 4
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on most channels and on recordings from the same channels General Support 20
    W [solved] MP suddenly Crashes when starting live TV on some channels and on some recordings Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 1
    raffe [TV] Option for adding IPTV channels without checking Improvement Suggestions 0
    C Telenet analog-to-digital switch -- manually finding and inputting DVB-C channels in Mediaportal2 General 0
    vapourEyes Automatically Tune to Strongest Duplicate Channel Improvement Suggestions 102
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    R [fixed] [MP2-819] MP2 Server crashes on ATSC OTA channel scan Submit: Bug Reports 33
    R [solved] All Channel 7 stations listed in guide as 1000 Newcomers Forum 4
    J Rename channel by name Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 2
    P IPTV Channel Problem TV-Server 0
    T Freeview EPG-Anyone know what channel sends the guide data? Electronic Program Guide 10
    M Guide mapping schedules direct, tvguide, epg buddy How to get correct entry to the correct channel? Electronic Program Guide 0
    nominefi Problem scanning channels. General Support 0
    limpwhizkid 1.22.0 Stutter and or artifact problem when recording and watching the same live tv channel 1.22 2
    C Can the XmlTv Plugin handle 600+ channels? General 3
    C How do I see the broadcast channel decimal numbers in the guide? General 0
    C How to quickly map scanned channels to other devices? General 1
    S TV server -. trying to rescan for a local channel Installation, configuration support 0