TechnoTrend scrambled channels error | Page 5

Discussion in 'Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server)' started by Ruud, August 3, 2010.

1. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Riksmith,
    I agree: a definite nogo, but worth the try ;)
    regards,
    Ruud.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jean-Christophe
    • Premium Supporter

Jean-Christophe MP Donator

IT Manager
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Ruud > DVBShop forum seems to be dead about our (your) request. Do you have any news/contact/hope regarding the problem we have?

4. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jean-Christophe,

last update from TT Support is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-channels-error-85247/index3.html#post646364

For me personally,
    I managed to get TVheadend working on my Linux server with an opensource driver (makes me wonder how they are able to get it working and TT not????).
    I managed to get my smartcard working via a cardserver on that same linux server (that is the way TVHeadend uses CI's -> no more cam / cardspecific drivers / issues ;)).
    Thus I do not have any timing / scrambled messages / windows driver issues anymore.

so in short... I managed to workaround this issue.

Only downside is that there is no plugin for TVHeadend within MP.
    Good news is that TVHeadend records in .mkv files and that I can then in MP view a recording... no live tv though ;(
    Other good news (not sure if this is good news ;() is that XBMC is in its PVR branch developing a tvheadend integration and this already looks promising / stable (due for Q4-2010)

So I will still be persuing this issue with TT, but I do not know for how long because of the workaround that is bound to be (Q4) the real thing for me....

regards,
    Ruud.

5. Ruud
    • Premium Supporter

Ruud MP Donator

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys (and Girls?),

just a note to say that I am not actively pursuing this issue anymore,
    As stated somewhere before I have moved my TV server functionality over to my Linux server in combination with TVHeadend.
    Last weekend I migrated my last HTPC (Livingroom) to Linux (Ubuntu Server 10.04) with XBMC PVR-Testing2 branch (has a plugin for TVHeadend)

This setup is running perfectly (even tho it is a SVN): instant (!) channel switching, not once got an error (scrambled or any other sort), never missed the beginning of a recording because it is rock-stable.
    This together with the blazing fast Ubuntu Server as OS and XBMC made me also decide not to buy new hardware: and as you can see in my signature I am beginning to get proud that I managed to get all this functionality on these specs ;))

If somebody feels up to it to further pursue this with TT just give me a PM and I will handover my contact(s) with TT.

regards,
    Ruud.

6. Jean-Christophe
    • Premium Supporter

Jean-Christophe MP Donator

IT Manager
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Home Country:
    Belgium Belgium
    Show System Specs
    Hi Ruud,

You've got a message :)

Seriousely, this TT support is verry poor. If I was not stuck to MP (familly use it too) I will consider doing the same switch as you :/

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!