TechnoTrend scrambled channels error (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well it seems that change is not a working solution. It seems it takes the cam 4 seconds to recover from the close / open, and the code can not handle that.

Hi Riksmith,
    I agree: a definite nogo, but worth the try ;)
    regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ruud > DVBShop forum seems to be dead about our (your) request. Do you have any news/contact/hope regarding the problem we have?

Hi Jean-Christophe,

last update from TT Support is here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-channels-error-85247/index3.html#post646364

For me personally,
    I managed to get TVheadend working on my Linux server with an opensource driver (makes me wonder how they are able to get it working and TT not????).
    I managed to get my smartcard working via a cardserver on that same linux server (that is the way TVHeadend uses CI's -> no more cam / cardspecific drivers / issues ;)).
    Thus I do not have any timing / scrambled messages / windows driver issues anymore.

so in short... I managed to workaround this issue.

Only downside is that there is no plugin for TVHeadend within MP.
    Good news is that TVHeadend records in .mkv files and that I can then in MP view a recording... no live tv though ;(
    Other good news (not sure if this is good news ;() is that XBMC is in its PVR branch developing a tvheadend integration and this already looks promising / stable (due for Q4-2010)

So I will still be persuing this issue with TT, but I do not know for how long because of the workaround that is bound to be (Q4) the real thing for me....

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Guys (and Girls?),

just a note to say that I am not actively pursuing this issue anymore,
    As stated somewhere before I have moved my TV server functionality over to my Linux server in combination with TVHeadend.
    Last weekend I migrated my last HTPC (Livingroom) to Linux (Ubuntu Server 10.04) with XBMC PVR-Testing2 branch (has a plugin for TVHeadend)

This setup is running perfectly (even tho it is a SVN): instant (!) channel switching, not once got an error (scrambled or any other sort), never missed the beginning of a recording because it is rock-stable.
    This together with the blazing fast Ubuntu Server as OS and XBMC made me also decide not to buy new hardware: and as you can see in my signature I am beginning to get proud that I managed to get all this functionality on these specs ;))

If somebody feels up to it to further pursue this with TT just give me a PM and I will handover my contact(s) with TT.

regards,
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom