TechnoTrend scrambled channels error (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    if you start MP, MEdiaPortal.log is always created...how it comes this is not true for your installation ?

Simone

vladlenf

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Hi,

There is a workaround for this issue described here - resetting CI before tuning to a new channel. It increases an amount of a tuning from 1-2 sec to 5-7 but it works.

Vladlen

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

There is a workaround for this issue described here - resetting CI before tuning to a new channel. It increases an amount of a tuning from 1-2 sec to 5-7 but it works.

Vladlen

Hi Vladlen,

thanks for the pointer. What I read over at the DVBforum and the issue that the TT developers are currently (trying to) fix is a timing issue (next to a BSOD). Resetting the CI could be a workaround, but as I don't know where of how to reset it from within MP it is probably a workaround that needs to be programmed into MP?

I must say that although there has not been a change / fix for this issue in MP 1.1 nor the installed driver, that the frequency of this error is 'reversed': in the previous MP version (RC5 for me) it happened 8 out of 10 times, now I have the 'feeling' that this is 2 out of 10.

Unfortunately I cannot confirm this because I am not a developer: I just look at what was reported being fixed in Mantis and there is no reference to anything (at least for me) that could explain this 'improved' behaviour.

@JeanChristophe and Zappza: can you confirm that it 'feels' more reliable or am I the only one?

..... in the meanwhile.....
    Managed the install the CT3650CI drivers under Linux, installed TVHeadend (that was actually the easy part), configured TVheadend (has a provider preset for me (just like tvserver).... and then ran out of time because I had to return the TT to my MP HTPC for recording arggggggggg.... so close ;)

Anyway, will focus on the stability of TT with this driver on linux and see if our issue is also in there?

In talking to the developer of the TT patch for linux he pointed me to a pvr subtree of xbmc that is focussing on developing a TVheadend frontend for xbmc.... hummmmm very tempting ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

vladlenf

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Resetting the CI could be a workaround, but as I don't know where of how to reset it from within MP it is probably a workaround that needs to be programmed into MP?

Hi Ruud,

Yes, this needs to be programmed into MP. In short, bdaapiCloseCI/bdaapiOpenCI has to be called before calling bdaapiCIMultiDecode. Those functions are from TT BDA Driver API which MP uses to descramble protected channels.

Regarding the new driver for Win7 WMC I doubt it can be used to solve the problem quickly. It uses new PBDA architecture and old BDA graph just doesn't work with the new driver. So it requires rewriting TT part of MP but it’s not clear how to do it: no good documentation, no examples, and no tutorials. The only thing available: PBDA specification for driver developers. So more prospective is to wait for fix of BDA driver 1.0.3.8. But still I’m not an expert in this area and may be wrong.

Regards,
    Vladlen

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, this needs to be programmed into MP. In short, bdaapiCloseCI/bdaapiOpenCI has to be called before calling bdaapiCIMultiDecode. Those functions are from TT BDA Driver API which MP uses to descramble protected channels.

I understand. When programming another workaround would be to not on first occasion display the scrambled message, but retry for x times and then call the CI reset. This is the default behaviour when recording: live TV throws the scrambled message, recording just keep retrying until the stream is descrambled.
    In that way you don't loose any channel switching time when it works, but only when it doesn't.

Regarding the new driver for Win7 WMC I doubt it can be used to solve the problem quickly. It uses new PBDA architecture and old BDA graph just doesn't work with the new driver. So it requires rewriting TT part of MP but it’s not clear how to do it: no good documentation, no examples, and no tutorials. The only thing available: PBDA specification for driver developers. So more prospective is to wait for fix of BDA driver 1.0.3.8. But still I’m not an expert in this area and may be wrong.

I have asked the TT development team to meet up with a developer of the MP team to get some clearification / insight in how to invoke the new driver. As I understand it, this is a MS driven architectural change so it will only be a matter of time before all drivers will be using the PBDA architecture.
    I do not think that TT as a commercial company will fix the 1.0.3.8 issue but will push out the Win7 MCE driver, so I am trying to get the needed insights because of the lack of a decent SDK / documentation with which we at least have a shot of fixing this our selves in MP (or whatever application).

Because TT is a commercial company I think it is wise if we team up all efforts. Thinking commercially I wouldn 't want to have a community *bashing* my product because that is likely where potentially new customers (who cares about existing customers :( ) look for information.

Regards,
    Vladlen
    Regards,
    Ruud.

vladlenf

Portal Member
    August 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Ruud,

Thanks for your response. I see your point clearly.

The only question is:

I do not think that TT as a commercial company will fix the 1.0.3.8 issue but will push out the Win7 MCE driver

PBDA is available on Win7 only. But what about XP/Vista users? Maybe there is some chance TT would fix old BDA driver.

Vladlen

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Vladlen,

the reaction I got from TT development / support is as follows:
    We are just working on new drivers to support the WIN7 MediaCenter also for PayTV. I'm shure we will have them in a short time and therefore I would reccomment to wait a little bit before you fix the currently problems.

You could do everthing together with the new drivers. Sorry once again, but the software guys have to much to do at this stage.

so what they are suggesting is to take it from the new driver and focus all effort on this one.
    At least that is how I understand it, no reaction back from them ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

Jean-Christophe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2005
    Liege - Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi,

I tried to instal version 1.0.4.4 on XP without succes. I had to manualy change the inf file to allow the installation.

With this new version, MP gives me "No graph" error every time.

Go back to 1.0.4.2...

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I tried to instal version 1.0.4.4 on XP without succes. I had to manualy change the inf file to allow the installation.

With this new version, MP gives me "No graph" error every time.

Go back to 1.0.4.2...

Hi JeanChristophe,

thanks for trying. I think not being able to build graph is due to this driver having the new pbda architecture.
    Without a decent SDK or other sort of documentation from TT I guess there is not much we can do.
    I have the feeling that fixing our problem in the 'old' BDA architecture is not that high on the priority list for TT.

Let's see how far we can come on the dvbshop forum and out contact with TT support.

regards,
    Ruud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom