TechnoTrend scrambled channels error (1 Viewer)

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here it is. There is no option to turn on / off. I ofcourse cannot test so no clue if it works.
    Hi Riksmith,

thanks for the patch, can you explain what 'it' is: is it the reset of the ci option or is it the retry option?

Thanks for tagging long on this one ;)

regards,
    Ruud.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It is the reset CI option. I thought i quoted it in the post before but that was something else :).

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thank for the follow up. As I can recall there is an option in TV server with which you can run passed all channels and it would test if you have a valid subscription (test button?), so with this routine you can make it known that there is a valid subscription.

That is incorrect. That function is not for making known that you have a valid subscription. It is for disabeling channels that you can not descramble AT THAT TIME <-- Last part is very important.

First of all we cannot know that you have performed that action.
    Secondly subscriptions can change. There is no way for us to know before tuning or when running into descrambling errors that you have a valid subscription.

So a retry is not really an option, also since we can not code that in a HW specific piece of code. That has to be somewhere in the main code, which is not an option.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No reactions on the binary?

Hi Riksmith,

currently have my TT setup under linux (tvheadend) for testing, due to limited time I organize rebuilding and switching of the hardware around 'recordings', this is due on friday so that will be the time I will be setting it up in MP again. As you can see here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/completed-htpc-projects-61/htpc-tickets-please-43852/#post294361 it's not plug and play ;)
    Please do not think your work is not appreciated, on the contrary!

Will report back.

Can you by the way explain if there is a difference between selecting channel 1, 2 3, from the tv guide and switching channels 1, 2, 3 when viewing live TV?
    What I noticed is that when switching channels I 'never' get the scrambled channel error but when selecting different channels from the TV guide the scrambled error can occur also when the previous channel displayed correct.

will follow up!

regards,
    Ruud.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Riksmith,

just installed and tested the patch, logs attached.
    first try gave me (after a long time): no graph. next tries ended in: unknown error occurred.

regards,
    Ruud.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, i can see that my code is executed. But then indeed a long wait, and after that a very hard error. What the error is for the next attempts i cannot see, since no error log is present.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well it seems that change is not a working solution. It seems it takes the cam 4 seconds to recover from the close / open, and the code can not handle that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom