Test Version for BBC iPlayer (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I could put the proxy use to be configurable. There is only one file needed via UK proxy. In germany I could get the the actual video to play directly without proxy once I got the connection info.

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the reply Offbyone...

It would be nice if i would be able to run this trough a proxy somehow, i use a .pac file for this so it's automated and i don't have to fool with puting the proxy on/off, this works fine in IE and firefox but not in the online video plug.

Gonna do some more playing around with this one, the BBC rocks so would be cool to have it trough MP aswell.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It works for me!!!!!

I have not done extensive testing, but will report back if I find any other issues.

:D

Robbo100

trekkiedj

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2009
    Cirencester
    Home Country
    This is great, works perfectly. And i am not seeing any issues with quality. I think it must be pulling the best available. Would love to be able to choose quality though, as BT tend to throttle back broadband speeds during peak times and the feed can get a little jumpy.

Now, if we can get ITV player, Channel 4 and Channel 5, i'll be very happy!!! Oh and if you can find a way to crack the Sky Player without subscription!!! Only kidding on the Sky thing.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Only kidding on the Sky thing.
    no you weren't :p

I have used it for about an hour so far.

After about 25 mins of one programme it stopped playing and returned to the menu. This is to be expected with streamed video, but not having the ability to fast forward through the already watched content to reach the previous watched point is clearly inconvenient.

Obviously I am being very picky now, and am delighted that you have created such a brilliant plugin for us in the UK.

Thanks again

Robbo

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I know that not beeing able to skip is really bad, but it would require extending the flv splitter direct show filter to be able to handle rtmp streams. this is C++ and really tough coding. Nothing I can do in my free time sry.
    I am thinking about workarounds, but haven't come up with something useful yet.

ARH

Portal Member
    October 27, 2006
    Working for me as well. I have not run it for more than 5 minutes though so did not come across any issues with the stream stopping. I will test more tonight.

I too would like to see itv, 5 and channel 4 if it could be done.

adskiremote

Portal Member
    December 21, 2007
    Home Country
    offbyone - if you need UK VPN I am willing to provide to you whilst you test this out. I can get ITV and BBC working from abroad let me know if you need some info etc.

sim1964

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    UK
    Hi all
    I'm probably just being a bit dim but in the config for the plugin I cannot set codec for .flv. What else do I need

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom