Test version of 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    i think i have the same problem. If i connect from the client directly to the server 192.168. etc. everything is fine (also music works now) but if i want do watch a video (download, or stream) i receive a fault message that the video can not be found.
    If i connect from my client to the localhost i can see the weblayout but everything is empty (also the login menu dont exist) - i changed the paths in the MPExtended configuration to the server.
    Same problem if i go from the server to the localhost - everything is the same as from the client side.
    I don't really understand your situation. What did you install where? If you point it to databases on another computer, you need to run the service as a different user.

There are so many logfiles, which ones do you need?
    Just export them with the button on the troubleshooting tab in the configuration program, it will automatically pick the ones that are needed.

I am not an expert so it would be great if you can describe the 3 files wich i installed :D - here is my idea:
    * MPExtended Service 0.4.3 - the background service which shares and collect the files, also needed for ampdroid
    * MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 - the webservice
    * MPExtended WebMediaPortal IIS Edition 0.4.3 - ?
    The IIS Edition is just a version of WebMediaPortal for people who want to use it with the IIS webserver instead of the built-in IIS Express webserver. If you don't know what it is, you don't need it. If you have already installed the normal WebMediaPortal installation, you also don't need it. Do not install both versions of WebMediaPortal as it will cause problems.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I can confirm it is working now.
    I re-installed again, but first I deleted the programdata/MPextended folder.
    This time I did the IIS express setup and and changed the server name to localhost (as you told me earlier)

I do have a few questions to understand the setup a little bit.
    1. The website is listening to port 8080, but the service is listening to a different port (4322). I had to open the firewall for this port on the server.
    What going via this port?
    2. What is the disadvantage of having IIS express running together with IIS7 ? Is it really so bad to have both?
    3. What is the reason for authentication? Because the users are setup in webmediaportal...
    Thanks for answering!

Now it is running, I can help testing :)

update:
    I couldn't help it... I uninstalled everything and tried the IIS setup and this also works fine!
    Guess it had something to do with the programdata/MPextended folder?

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

thanks for your help!

I installed everything :D - but for now i deinstalled it and installed it again:

Client: without MP, MPExtended Service 0.4.3 and MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3, IIS7.5 Express
    Server: MP Singleseat, IIS7.5 Express, MPExtended Service 0.4.3 and MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3

I made some screens and logs

Attachments

• client-localhost.png
      client-localhost.png
      32.7 KB
    • client-server.png
      client-server.png
      405.7 KB
    • client-server-video.png
      client-server-video.png
      43.5 KB
    • server-video.png
      server-video.png
      40.3 KB
    • client.zip
      9.3 KB
    • server.zip
      165.3 KB

pünktchen

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your help!

I installed everything :D - but for now i deinstalled it and installed it again:

Client: without MP, MPExtended Service 0.4.3 and MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3, IIS7.5 Express
    Server: MP Singleseat, IIS7.5 Express, MPExtended Service 0.4.3 and MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3

On your client without MediaPortal you have not to install anything! Just use your browser to access the WebMediaPortal service on your server.
    (http://serverip:8080 by default)
    If your mediafiles are on a third computer/NAS then you have to run MPExtended service on your server with a local user account, who has access rights to your shares.

Sent from my MZ604 using Tapatalk

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ah ok, anyway i have the problem of the videostream and you already had the right course (no problems with my music files which are on the same location)
    My mediafiles are on a NAS so i have to enter something in the network box which was currently empty. But i dont know exactly what i should enter :D - cause i am logged in as Admin without password and i gues you need a password for the network box - every test failed

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1. The website is listening to port 8080, but the service is listening to a different port (4322). I had to open the firewall for this port on the server.
    What going via this port?
    The communication between the website and the service happens through port 4322. When they are on the same computer you shouldn't have to open the port.
    2. What is the disadvantage of having IIS express running together with IIS7 ? Is it really so bad to have both?
    Some people just don't like to have one more process running, but there really isn't a big disadvantage...
    3. What is the reason for authentication? Because the users are setup in webmediaportal...
    Yeah, in 0.5 there is just one user database left.

thanks for your help!

If you don't have MP on the client, you don't need to install MPExtended there either, you can use WebMediaPortal by pointing your browser at http://<server ip>:8080/. MPExtended should only be installed on computers where you have MP installed too.

The stream failure happens because the service cannot find the file you are trying to stream. Any chance they are on a network drive? If so, you should configure the service to run as a user that has access to the network drive.

ah ok, anyway i have the problem of the videostream and you already had the right course (no problems with my music files which are on the same location)
    My mediafiles are on a NAS so i have to enter something in the network box which was currently empty. But i dont know exactly what i should enter :D - cause i am logged in as Admin without password and i gues you need a password for the network box - every test failed
    Yeah, the idea is that you can enter it in that box, but that box doesn't work yet (see the big warning above it). Instead, you should configure the service to run as a different user account in Windows' Services dialog (start > Services > MPExtended Service > right-click properties > Logon As). You've to use a local user that has access to the NAS drives.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    thanks again for your help, i will w8 for the network-box - yesterday i tried the local user, but i was not able to handle it :D

TV Test:
    Direct: i need a FirefoxPlugin, which one?
    Flash HQ: shuttering, too big for my resolution (scrollbars)
    Flash LQ: Accessproblem
    Flash UltraLow: looks very nice

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a problem with latest Episode in the Home section. The Episodes that I'm seening are not the newest Episodes. Movingpictures works fine. Do you need logs ?

jacremer

February 1, 2007
    Geldrop
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Oxan,

When i click on "download service 0.4.3" I get the message below ... You can solve this / send me another download link? At the moment I've installed Portal 0.4.3 and Service 0.4.2 and that's not working together. Thanks in advance.
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /MPExtended Service 0.4.3.zip on this server.
    Apache/2 Server at rmrf.nl Port 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom