Test version of 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    time: 22:10 - Pressed settings, change some entries, and switched to home tab and back - Settings has reverted to default.

When creating logs, Mpextented configator crashed................twice.

EDIT: Just did a complete reinstall, but same result.:)

I did a "server" installation of Mpextended - Even installed all 3 files.

Logs attached

Attachments

• webmediaportal.zip
      104.6 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    time: 22:10 - Pressed settings, change some entries, and switched to home tab and back - Settings has reverted to default.
    I can't find any clues of this in your logs. Can you send me C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal.xml?

When creating logs, Mpextented configator crashed................twice.
    Hmpf, that doesn't sound right. I can't reproduce that unfortunately. Do you mind stopping the Service and WebMP first, and trying to export the logs then? It'd help me to find the cause of this.

I did a "server" installation of Mpextended - Even installed all 3 files.
    Well, installing both the IIS and the normal edition of WebMP is known to give problems. Please try with only the normal edition (or IIS if you use that one) installed.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Here is my Webmediaportal.xml

Also removed IIS edition

I don't think the save button on Settings page even does anything at all.......Just a button with no function(no code behind it!?!?)

<input type="submit" value="Save">

Attachments

• WebMediaPortal.xml
      734 bytes

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here is my Webmediaportal.xml

Also removed IIS edition
    Hmm, might've something to do with missing MAS. I'm going to look into it.

I don't think the save button on Settings page even does anything at all.......Just a button with no function(no code behind it!?!?)

<input type="submit" value="Save">
    That's nonsense. It submits the form it is in.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

will be a final verison from 0.4.3 or the next release will be the 0.5?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The version from the start post is the final 0.4.3 version. I'll properly release it somewhere this weekend if I find some time. Next release after that will be 0.5.

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmm, might've something to do with missing MAS. I'm going to look into it.

That's nonsense. It submits the form it is in.

I think what he meant to say is there is no confirmation message saying that your settings have been saved, even though the save DOES work. A confirmation message would be nice.

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Tested this version and the Music -section indeed works now which is great. Couple of problems though. Sound quality with the Flash-player is dreadful and the VLC audio gives an error "access denied". I tried removing the "samplerate" from the flash profile and boost the bitrate higher, but these had zero noticeable effect on the quality. The sound has high pitched whining when for example a piano is playing, compared to the same exact file played on Winamp. This is probably caused by Flash though and nothing to do with MPExtended.

However, could someone confirm that the "VLC audio" isn't working at all?

ccna55

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Great plugin, I have everything working as expected however i am looking to make it more secure.
    I have basic authentication working successfully on the root site and Forms Authentication on the application site.
    I would rather not pass the credentials in clear text however if i switch authentication to Widows Authentication this is not supported by many smart phone browsers or the ones that do support it don't support Flash.
    I am using iis 7.5 i was thinking about using basic authentication on the root website with certificates,Thus port 443 is needed however when i try to switch the listener to port 443 on MP services i get the following error.
    i do an
    netstat -a
    but yet there is nothing listening on port 443 (https)

System.ServiceModel.AddressAlreadyInUseException: HTTP could not register URL http://+:443/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/. Another application has already registered this URL with HTTP.SYS. ---> System.Net.HttpListenerException: Failed to listen on prefix 'http://+:443/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/' because it conflicts with an existing registration on the machine.

Any ideas? if more logs are needed i can provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom