Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (1 Viewer)

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
ok found the msi. installed from the msi. it created the folder in the 2 dirs. there was no "Setup TV" folder so i copied the folder from the org file from the zip i downloaded(attached to front page of this forum)?
run server then ran setuptv quit all then rerun so get tv card correctly and got
"unable to open tuningparameters\dvdt\*.xml" same as the org zip file on front page? checked folder exist in the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\TuningParameters\dvbt" was not here so copied from the org zip file, rerun still same error "unable to open tuningparameters\dvdt\*.xml".
can i ask im guessing i only need to complie the MSBUILD setup dont need to run the client and server? also am i getting the correct files by doing gitpath : https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2
then ticking box dev and typing "dev" in text box in tortoisegit?

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi sab-to-go,

ok finally got .net4 installed(i think) but still getting warnings. so not sure client and server are building correctly, and setup def not building? only create 4 files. have attached logs.
also could someone please provide the exact git paths.
i am using
gitpath : https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2
then ticking box dev and typing dev in text box
is this correct?
if its not can someone please provide this info.
thanks

The exact git paths are: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/dev (for the dev branch)

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi sab-to-go,
I do not use tortoisegit (I use gitextensions).
but use the zip button on the git website and download the file.

Last edited:

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
ok just downloaded the "zip" at that address. client and server were ok be setup failed to compile???

Attachments

• Build_Setup.zip
    11.1 KB

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I also had a problem with compiling the setup when I use the F drive.
try to use the C: drive.
But @morpheus_xx should look at your logs.

Last edited:

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi morpheus_xx,
morphues_xxx,
I did restart, but got only the IPTV card in the section (Picture 3) - no dvbs card, no error log. After I closed and restarted again i got Picture 2 again from my last post. I will wait for the code update in dev.

I can confirm what huha says.
The logs for setuptv are empty .

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The output folder is not good, it seems. Time to check how we can change this.
    Before changing anything we need to make sure that bot is also being adjusted. I also did not added those information to the wiki, yet. Next point is when changing it for the bot, also it will be only usable for the branch where this change has been applied on. So in the end, we should live with this current folder for now, as it is only a minor and not major issue.
    It's already on the todo list, but shouldn't be to huge issue for those who are able to compile source itself, for now.

l337

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    good work !!!!!! morpheus_xx

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok im going round in circles??
    i have downloaded the zip from https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/dev
    i can complie the MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Client.bat and MSBUILD_Rebuild_Release_Server.bat with no errors just warnings.
    i copy these files to the c:\program file(x86)\mediaportal folders, have made sure the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\TuningParameters\dvbt folder exists.
    when i run the tvsetup for the second time to get the tv tuner detected i get "unable to open tuningparameters\dvdt\*.xml"?
    why? this is the same error i got with the downloaded version from front page of this forum?
    can someone please give me an idea what i need to do to get this to work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom