Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This thread is for an older version of MP2, but not sure if you're really still using this version. Have you tried to install the MP2 Summer Edition U1, which in in the download section? It also contains TVE3 instead of TVE3.5. I recomend to try it, if you're not using the latest version yet.

Edit @breese was faster than me ;-)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Hi,

i tried the summer Edition u1, this works and i can scan for channels

But as this is TVE3 the TBS CI hotfix isn't included i think?

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tbs-ci-cam-support-and-other-improvements.103276/

Therefore i can only watch unencrypted channels with summer Edition U1

I thought the fix is included in TVE 3.5 and that's why i tried TVE 3.5 (which Crash)

thanks.
    You can also use the MP SR U1 with TVE3.5. Perhaps your problem is solved then. But I think it's not included in the latest installer, so you need to install it as additional plugin. Means you need to delete the TVE3 folders in plugin folders and place the TVE3.5 folder. The download link is here: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/slimtv-nativetv
    If you search a bit in the forum there is also a manual how to install it step by step. couldn't find it by phone quickly. Good luck and if something is not working you can come back here.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is an internal thread about the TV3.5 development. Development is ongoing, but currently only one person works on it.
    As TV3.5 is developed independent from MP2 there is no strategic connection between MP2 and TVE3.5.
    Better don't expect MP2 with updated TVE3.5 within 2016.

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ah that figures. I assumed MP2 was going to be developed around this 3.5 version of the TVE, but the official way to go forward with MePo is to update to MP2 and TVE3.
    I've read that TVE3.5 was really promising where it comes to speed, but too bad that this totally rewritten tv-server version is probably not going to make it beyond alpha status.
    Better stick with TV3 then and for me no reason to update to MP2 yet since that doesn't have the Titan+Editor. Only skin there I think is worth it would be the Win10 Bluevision theme, but even that is not as good as Titan. I do like the shared database idea behind it.

Offtopic: I might add some Kodi 17 clients (tablets/silent and cheap android boxes/pi's) to my network once they get the "not supported" addon's working again. I really like their new default skin (even better than Titan, but the wife is not so addaptive). MePo TV3 server support is working pretty well with Kodi too.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Better stick with TV3 then and for me no reason to update to MP2 yet since that doesn't have the Titan+Editor. Only skin there I think is worth it would be the Win10 Bluevision theme, but even that is not as good as Titan. I do like the shared database idea behind it.
    I created Titanium Extended as new skin for MP2. It is based on Titanius from MP1. A menu editor is also in preparation.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/titanium-extended.132911/unread

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MePo TV3 server support is working pretty well with Kodi too.
    You also can use TVE 3.0 inside MP2 Server and use Kodi as client on some devices too. The TVServerKodi plugin needed for this is working with both, MP1 and MP2 since some time. So using Kodi is no reason for stick on MP1 and also no reason for change to MP2...

By the way, I can not understand the hype about Titan. I never liked the "Candy Store" look and feel. Way too flashy... I prefer the content over the skin, but with Titan the skin is all that is gathering attention. Not what I want to look at daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom