Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (2 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi doveman,
sorry, I've obviously not read your first post very well.

Where does MP2 get the tuning parameters from as I couldn't find a collection of .xmls like MP1 uses?
ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\TuningParameters

Can you post your logs again?

Jean

I don't have that folder (it goes as far as C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore) so I guess it must be getting the tuning parameters from somwhere else.

I did stop the MP1 tvservice before opening the MP2 tv server config.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Doveman,

That is strange.
Do you use the setup from morpheus_xx first post?
Could you check your download.
Do you use a second tv-service?

Jean

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Hi Doveman,

That is strange.
Do you use the setup from morpheus_xx first post?
Could you check your download.
Do you use a second tv-service?

Jean

Yeah, I just checked and re-unzipped the SetupTV folder just in case.

I do have the MP1 tv-service but I Stop that before running MP2-Server.exe in the MP2-Server.

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi morpheus,

installation runs without errors, and you're right, channel scan ist slow :)

But after channelscan all actions need a really long time. If I click f.e. on manual control it needs up to 2 min until the gui reacts again again.

Log's attached, maybe I did a mistake while setup MP2.

CU

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've checked the archive again, it does include the tuningdetails inside the ProgramData\MP2-Server\SlimTvCore folder.

Anyway, we are still working on this part, so you can expect a new build in the next 1-2 weeks.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    I've checked the archive again, it does include the tuningdetails inside the ProgramData\MP2-Server\SlimTvCore folder.

Anyway, we are still working on this part, so you can expect a new build in the next 1-2 weeks.

Yeah sorry, something must have gone wrong when I was unzipping as I didn't have any of the three folders under SlimTvCore!

I deleted and reinstalled everything now and it's picking up the channels now, although it's a lot slower than MP1. It also shows bandwidth:0 still, even though the .xml has bandwidth 8 specified but I guess that's just a GUI/display issue or else it wouldn't be picking up the channels.

I still can't change the server from 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.2.1 though as it just reverts when changing tab or closing the config. The same applies to the Streaming Server tab, changing it from Auto to 192.168.2.1 and clicking apply restarts the TVservice but it just reverts to Auto when I go away from that tab. Config still shows it's running in Restricted Mode, so maybe that's something to do with it.

I've also found the Import on the Recording tab doesn't work as after it seems to be doing something, it still shows all the recordings listed and ticked as before.

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for testing again.

The bandwidth issue seems to be related to a chance done by mm to the xml style. I did forget about this, before I copied the tuning details. This will be fixed in next release!

Maybe @gibman can check the IP selection?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The IP selection issue is also fixed, thanks :)

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just did some testing:

All xml files at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\TuningParameters\dvbs seem to be unnecessary, you only need the satellites.xml file which is by the way outdated, see my post here.
    To prevent this, implement the WiP from Sebastiii, this really seems to work nicely (I've tested it successfully).

Second, I was not able to view live-TV in MP2 client after channel scan. Nothing happened after clicking the internal tv plugin

Third, when I tried to preview a (known to be good FTA) channel to rule things out, there was an frozen image of the broadcast and then nothing happened.

Fourth, Long channelscan and some trouble to speed things up with dedicated transponderscan and above made me gave up and go to MP1 again. Time for beer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom