Testbuilds for Native MP2 TV - Updated for 10th AE Update 1 (2014-09-13)! (4 Viewers)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I can't seem to change the Streaming server from my default X4 - 192.168.1.64 to the loopback adapter 192.168.2.1. Well I can but it doesn't stick when I change tab or exit and restart the config. It says I'm running in Restricted Mode as well, despite only running a singleseat and being logged in as a user with Admin status with UAC disabled.

Obviously scanning's not going to work until I fix this but I also noticed doing a Crystal Palace scan it refers to Bandwidth 0 whereas in MP1 it uses 8, so I'm not sure if it would pick up anything anyway. Where does MP2 get the tuning parameters from as I couldn't find a collection of .xmls like MP1 uses?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
OK, installed that and it still says Restricted Mode and won't let me change the server address.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi doveman,
I can help you match with the server, but have you done the following-->see screenshot

Jean

Attachments

• Restricted mode active.PNG
    Restricted mode active.PNG
    44.3 KB

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Hi doveman,
I can help you match with the server, but have you done the following-->see screenshot

Jean

Yeah, as I said I'm only running a singleseat and have Administrator status with UAC disabled.

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi ,

Some good new regarding DB support: I could change TVE3.5 and MP2-Service in this way, that there is no need for additional database connection definition!

This makes it more easy to test different databases.

@jehe, can you check out the latest build from https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/tree/FEAT_NativeTV and test again? If exceptions occure, the MP2-Server log is important!

So, I've built MP2 server and client,
The next thing I did was use the tvsetup from the first post (which is not the correct way I think).
I have copied the files in the program files and programdata folder and created manually "MediaPortal TV Server" folder for the tuning parameters. (in programdata/Team MediaPortal folder)
Whereupon i have scanned the channels.
While scanning I had frequently the following errors:
[2012-12-08 17:35:05,780] [3872420] [24 ] [ERROR] - Error while converting dvb text
System.AccessViolationException: Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd.
bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReadByte(IntPtr ptr, Int32 ofs)
bij Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.Interfaces.DvbTextConverter.Convert(IntPtr ptr, String lang)
[2012-12-08 17:35:05,781] [3872421] [24 ] [ERROR] - Error while converting dvb text
System.AccessViolationException: Poging tot het lezen of schrijven van beveiligd geheugen. Dit duidt er vaak op dat ander geheugen is beschadigd.
bij System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReadByte(IntPtr ptr, Int32 ofs)
bij Mediaportal.TV.Server.TVLibrary.Interfaces.DvbTextConverter.Convert(IntPtr ptr, String lang)

On the client side;
access slimtv is very slow (slow database?)
Choosing /open a channel is very slow(slow database?)
Changing a channel while watching another is not possible

Jean

jehe

Portal Pro
February 15, 2011
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi doveman,
sorry, I've obviously not read your first post very well.

Where does MP2 get the tuning parameters from as I couldn't find a collection of .xmls like MP1 uses?
ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\TuningParameters

Can you post your logs again?

Jean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom